“Nothing to write home about”

Baja California Grill
Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Ate here three times in the first year it was open, and was not impressed at all. Food was typical, tex-mex food. I felt that it lacked flavor each time I ate there (three different dishes). I have also heard things from reliable sources about certain unclean activities going on here- I would not eat here again.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The food is excellent, the wait staff is friendly & helpful, the decor is lovely, the prices are more than reasonable.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

People were actually eating this nasty stuff. A Taco was a shell with unseasoned meat and a bit of cheese. Enchalada was a tortilla with the same meat and cheese. The salsa was like tomato soup with chips made out of extra thick horrible once upon a time fried tortillas. You'd do better grazing in one of the nearby fields on a cow patty!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Very good lunch prices. Some of the best ground beef I've eaten---not at all greasy.
Chips were warm and crispy. Salsa was spicy and not too hot.
Dinner menu was varied with all kinds of delicious sounding entrees. The chicken & beef flaming cheese was wonderful! Serving portions were very generous.
Will definitely return.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I went there for Mother's Day. It was a very odd experience. Our waiter stopped serving us before we had a chance to order our food! Our "NEW" server told us that he went to lunch!! It took us forever to get our food, which was good, but not as bad as our service was! I also noticed that all of the women were receiving roses, but the 3 "Mother's" at our table weren't given anything, except from our daughters.

1  Thank mnew4