“Great Mexican Food!”

Baja California Grill
Ranked #7 of 40 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Very good lunch prices. Some of the best ground beef I've eaten---not at all greasy.
Chips were warm and crispy. Salsa was spicy and not too hot.
Dinner menu was varied with all kinds of delicious sounding entrees. The chicken & beef flaming cheese was wonderful! Serving portions were very generous.
Will definitely return.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I went there for Mother's Day. It was a very odd experience. Our waiter stopped serving us before we had a chance to order our food! Our "NEW" server told us that he went to lunch!! It took us forever to get our food, which was good, but not as bad as our service was! I also noticed that all of the women were receiving roses, but the 3 "Mother's" at our table weren't given anything, except from our daughters.

1  Thank mnew4
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I went there for lunch with co-workers when it first opened and it was just okay. My husband and I went for lunch and the lunch menu prices were great, portions were hugh, and the food was really good. My husband got the chicken and rice and it was unbelievable.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

By the time we made it to the Baja California Grill, we had a very long and tiring day getting our son moved into the dorm at JSU. So we were hungry, thirsty, hot, kinda testy, and in no mood for lousy food and service.

The waiter brought large ice waters w/lemon, and a plate of nachos and sauce without us asking for anything. Then he took our drink orders, was back in a flash with those, and was back in a double flash with our appetizers. I was impressed.

I ordered a chile relleno as I do in every MexRest I visit. I always am on the lookout for an excellent chile relleno. The best I ever had was at a place in Manhattan, KS. I don't recall the name of the restaurant, but it was a little hole in the wall joint, where everything was hand made. The chile relleno at Baja was delicious, but not the one I was searching for. Alas.

The meal was above average compared to most MexRest's, and the beer was nice and cold, served in cold mugs. Perfect on a hot day.

The meal was so good we regained our humor and strength enough to go to our hotel room and have a great veg-out watching college football between snoozes...

You know what I mean.

Reviewed March 27, 2011

My daughter and I decided to eat at the new Baja grill expecting it to be much like the other Mexican restaurant in town. No way! This was far better. Excellent! I had the luncheon Chilie relleno, which also included a taco, beans and guacamole salad. My daughter had the luncheon fajitas. The portions were huge. Chips were served immediately with our drinks and our entres followed soon afterwards. Everything was fresh and hot. Our server was professional. The atmosphere was cozy with high back booths for privacy while dining. We will return.

1  Thank USAtravelAlabama