“Unexpected”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife and I shared a late dinner here on a slow Thursday night. The menu has most Italian standard items. We enjoyed a Pecan Chicken Salad and the Chicken Picatta. Both servings were very large and in the case of the Picatta served piping hot in garlic lemon infused sauce liberally sprinkled with capers. The desert case was inviting but we resisted after the large servings. We also did not try the wine list which was sparse.

2  Thank James C
There are newer reviews for Effina's Tuscan Grill

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our family members are regulars at Effina's, and for good reasons. The menu is flexible, from bar food to upscale, "foodie" kinds of specials. The quality is consistently good. Wines are kind of so-so, but not bad. Really wish the beer selection could be a little more suited to the food and that the taps could be kept running consistently. Service is very good, friendly and sociable. All of that said, as my review title says, this is a welcome addition to our town.

2  Thank Alabama21
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Jacksonville long needed a decent restaurant instead of greasy burgers and grits 'n gravy fast food. Effina's is a very tasty Italian Restaurant that you would expect to find in Atlanta or Birmingham. Great entrees and fast service. Most items under $20.

3  Thank Michael M
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Staff is high-energy and very helpful. The food is just amazing. A very nice menu that you don't often see in the South. They also have a nice drink selection.

2  Thank Leah B
Reviewed April 3, 2013

From what I understand, Effina's is Jacksonville's only "casual upscale" joint.

I have been MANY times. The food is always consistent. I am here on business a lot, and the atmosphere and vibe of Effina's is cheerful, and friendly.

I like a lot their calamari- however, when one travels, you can tell there is a stock frozen brand of calamari- so this is the same you will get at most commercial places- with tentacles, and rings.....however, it is always very good.

The beer is always in a cold glass. This is the only place within 30 miles that with every beer, I didn't have to asked over and over for a chilled glass.

3  Thank Christopher C