“Hotel Stay”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Jackson
fairhope, United States
“Hotel Stay”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

A Great place to stay, and very clean rooms! The rooms are well lit and an office work desk is provided. Large flat screen TV's are a welcome sight as well. The staff is outstanding! Next trip to the area, I will stay at the Best Western Suite in Jackson, Alabama.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank Charles H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Prattville, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We had two very pleasant nights at this motel. The staff is very pleasant. Several staff members gave helpful information or asked about our stay. We could hear a little road noise, but the beds are so comfortable, it did not matter. It is a fairly new motel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Doug D
Livingston
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

We found this hotel to have superb staff, very friendly & helpful. Our room was located right by the pool...The only downside to that was that there were construction workers barbecuing and drinking hanging out and hogging the pool...not ideal for kids... The room was big, clean and smelled fresh! Plenty of towels, mini fridge, microwave and a great up to date tv. Breakfast was exceptional and everything was fresh! Overall stay was fantastic!!!

• Stayed June 2014
Humble, United States
Reviewed May 31, 2014

The hotel has been newly renovated and the rooms are very comfortable and quiet even though it has street entrance. The staff is very pleasant and accomodating. At the time, the pool was not open as it was being redone. Not sure a about a fitness center. I did enjoy walking around the hotel property for my exercise and felt very safe in doing so. I would stay here in the future when in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank Charlie C
Grady, Al
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My wife, who travels a lot for both business and pleasure, was not overly excited when we pulled in. After all its a single level motel. What's to get excited about, right? Then we walked into the room and she just could not say enough about it. Wonderful, excellent, great, fantastic, were just a few, among many, of the words used.

To be honest, we have stayed in a lot of rooms, and this one is definitely in the top tier.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Dangbert
Portsmouth, United States
Reviewed May 2, 2014

My stay at this motel was very pleasant. I had friendly service from the staff and the room was very comfortable. The staff offered several choices for a good dinner and I was again reminded of the in-house breakfast the following morning, which I found to be very good. The motel was near a main thoroughfare, but still a quiet atmosphere.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank Floyd A
Alabama
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Normally I would have chosen the Hampton Inn in Jackson just because I am more familiar with the brand, but after reading the reviews here about the Best Western I decided to save the extra $35 and give it a try. I am SO glad I did!
My daughter and I were traveling alone and it was so nice to be able to back right up to our door rather than hauling luggage through the hotel, elevator, etc... I also enjoyed being able to sit in my chair outside our room after she had gone to sleep for a little down time before bed. It made me realize how much I miss these "motels"!
I am a bit of a germaphobe and always bring along the Lysol & Clorox Wipes. Sometimes I wipe down and spray every surface in a room because it just doesn't "feel" clean. Here I just did the standard... remote, vanity and toilet. Not because they appeared to NEED it, just because it's what I do!
The room reminded me a bit of a dorm, which was a good thing. Great set up. The bed was so comfortable and fresh! The shower had wonderful water pressure. All of the furnishings appeared to be new and the carpet was so clean I went barefoot. The outdoor spaces were just as clean... the sidewalks, parking lot, ac units, window sills, even the ceiling of the walkway!!
Everyone we met was very friendly. This may not be PC but I am going to say it anyway...seems this Best Western is American owned and operated so if that is an issue that might make you steer clear, no worries!
The only reason I gave a Very Good instead of an Excellent is because...I asked for a 6:45 wake up call and it never came. I didn't bother to complain about it because thankfully my husband called from home at 6:55 to make sure we were up so it didn't make us late but if he hadn't called, it would have been an issue.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Wanderlust724

Been to Best Western Suites? Share your experiences!