“Good Night Sleep”

Best Western Suites
Best Western Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed May 31, 2014

The hotel has been newly renovated and the rooms are very comfortable and quiet even though it has street entrance. The staff is very pleasant and accomodating. At the time, the pool was not open as it was being redone. Not sure a about a fitness center. I did enjoy walking around the hotel property for my exercise and felt very safe in doing so. I would stay here in the future when in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Charlie C

Reviewed May 30, 2014

My wife, who travels a lot for both business and pleasure, was not overly excited when we pulled in. After all its a single level motel. What's to get excited about, right? Then we walked into the room and she just could not say enough about it. Wonderful, excellent, great, fantastic, were just a few, among many, of the words used.

To be honest, we have stayed in a lot of rooms, and this one is definitely in the top tier.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dangbert
Reviewed May 2, 2014

My stay at this motel was very pleasant. I had friendly service from the staff and the room was very comfortable. The staff offered several choices for a good dinner and I was again reminded of the in-house breakfast the following morning, which I found to be very good. The motel was near a main thoroughfare, but still a quiet atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Floyd A
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Normally I would have chosen the Hampton Inn in Jackson just because I am more familiar with the brand, but after reading the reviews here about the Best Western I decided to save the extra $35 and give it a try. I am SO glad I did!
My daughter and I were traveling alone and it was so nice to be able to back right up to our door rather than hauling luggage through the hotel, elevator, etc... I also enjoyed being able to sit in my chair outside our room after she had gone to sleep for a little down time before bed. It made me realize how much I miss these "motels"!
I am a bit of a germaphobe and always bring along the Lysol & Clorox Wipes. Sometimes I wipe down and spray every surface in a room because it just doesn't "feel" clean. Here I just did the standard... remote, vanity and toilet. Not because they appeared to NEED it, just because it's what I do!
The room reminded me a bit of a dorm, which was a good thing. Great set up. The bed was so comfortable and fresh! The shower had wonderful water pressure. All of the furnishings appeared to be new and the carpet was so clean I went barefoot. The outdoor spaces were just as clean... the sidewalks, parking lot, ac units, window sills, even the ceiling of the walkway!!
Everyone we met was very friendly. This may not be PC but I am going to say it anyway...seems this Best Western is American owned and operated so if that is an issue that might make you steer clear, no worries!
The only reason I gave a Very Good instead of an Excellent is because...I asked for a 6:45 wake up call and it never came. I didn't bother to complain about it because thankfully my husband called from home at 6:55 to make sure we were up so it didn't make us late but if he hadn't called, it would have been an issue.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Wanderlust724
Reviewed January 2, 2014

doesn't look impressive from the road but this older motel style is constantly updated and very clean and quiet.Beds are newer and comfortable and nice size shower included. The rooms also have a small frig and microwave with a little separate sitting area. Carpet is clean and newer looking. Have stayed here over the last 20 years or so and no problems.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The rooms were clean (sheets changed daily) and updated, the staff was friendly and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again. It's small, but do not be fooled. It's just as nice as the newer Hampton up the road.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2013

After two horrible nights in Selma at another chain that I have been a platinum member for many years, my colleague and I moved to the Best Western in Jackson (close to the new LP mill). The caretaker/owners are fantastic. Rooms are laid out in a way that makes you feel like you're in a small apartment. Small fridge, micro, work desk, separate bed area and so on. Wi Fi worked great allowing me to Facetime without any delay. Note this is a newly renovate drive up style motel - which I admit, brought back great memories from years ago.

Good job!

Room Tip: Rooms on north side face the trees. South side face another commercial property.