“Best in Clarke County”

Add it.
Little Taste of Cajun
Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Jackson
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have been eating here when I visit Jackson for several years, through several transitions & this is basically where I eat with few exceptions. As stated in other reviews the lunch buffet is great, it's down home cooking & everything is fresh. In the evenings,I try to get there early enough to catch the daily special before it's sold out, which has happened. It's not the Ritz, but it's consistently good & they are always friendly. The only problem I have is they're closed on Sunday & they don't serve breakfast. Folks, this is Jackson,Alabama, if there's a better restaurant around here, I haven't found. But honestly, if I where rating this restaurant here in Fort Worth, I'd still rate it the same.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here several times and we LOVE the buffet!! It is so good and changes everyday!! Lots of good southern cooking!! Lots of different meat and veggies to choose from.
We have ordered from the menu before and it is hit or miss.....
We come for the buffet!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Was in town on family business and needed to grab a bite on a Saturday evening after 9pm. Clerk at the Hotel recommended this spot. It's right downtown Jackson , with convenient parking. Overall , i wanted to like this place. Tried to like this place. My food was pretty good as was my wife's. The interior appears to be split into the 'dance' side, and the food side, with a bar in the center. I'm sure for lunch or an early evening dinner, would have been much better. Problem is, around 10pm, they cranked the music up so damned high it was too loud in the ENTIRE place; you couldn't find an area you could even have a conversation in. This isn't advertised as a Dance Club, it's a restaurant, hence my pointing all this out.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Unless you are satisfied with the usual suspects for dining when in Jackson you will look a long while for something different. I have been eating here for the past few years when in town and am generally satisfied. The lunch buffet during the week is popular and quite good. Ordering off the menu can be a bit of a gamble, though. Their hamburgers are very good as are the chicken and club sandwiches. Not so much on the cheese steaks or Po Boys. Pretty good gumbo. In the evenings they have an "amazing" dinner special that varies through the week that I have found to be hit or miss. They tend to load up on starches to stretch the entree and this can be good or just as easily not so much. Excellent fried green tomatoes. They have a decent bottled beer selection. My biggest beef is labeling such beers as "Blue Moon" (Coors), "Yuengling" (Oldest Brewery in America), and "Land Shark" (Jacksonville, FL) as "imported" and charging as such. Go figure...