“Really good hotel with a great staff.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Jackson

Hampton Inn Jackson
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Jackson
Martinez, Georgia
“Really good hotel with a great staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I nice hotel in a small town. It had everything you need to be within striking distance of the smaller communities of Alabama and Mississippi. The hotel was probably one of the nicest buildings in the entire town of Jackson, AL. It was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful the cont. breakfast was very nice. It offered something different every day along with the staples: yogurt, fruit, cereal, pateries, etc. The room I was in on the third floor was a little tight, but the hotel made accomadations for my large family. Outdoor pool only, but wasn't looking to swim anyway. The fitness center was good offering two treadmills and one elliptical, one fitness ball, and a vast dumbbell set. The business center was also fantastic. Coffee and tea located up front and for use 24-hours a day. You cannot go wrong staying at this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fayetteville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is the BEST Hampton Inn I have stayed in. The staff are all so helpful. The rooms are very clean. If one doesn't have a car there are places within walking distance. The morning breakfast is superb. I'm always full when I leave there. Have stayed here twice now. Won't be the last time either. Hope you enjoy!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Lillian, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Just a few weeks ago my husband was rushed to a hospital in a tiny, little town, in the middle of the night. Asided from being concerned about him, I was also concerned about where my daughter and I would spend the night after he was settled in. Afterall it was a very small town, very dark and rainy! We asked people at the hospital and they instructed us to go just a few miles down the road where we could find a "nice" place to stay. Off we drove, a little frightened, when out of the dark came the most welcoming "Hampton Inn" sign we had ever seen! We checked for vacancies and luckily they had a room for us and helped us with our baggage and led us to our room where we felt we were sleeping on clouds. So warm and snuggly and most of all CLEAN. The stress of the day started to melt away. Since that night we have had to go there a few times and each time now we call ahead to make sure they have a place for us. Out of fear and darkness with a heck of a lot of rain, we found a great place to stay. People were wonderful, rooms were fresh and clean, breakfast was great!

Room Tip: All our rooms have been great!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

Checked in while on the road after a long weekend of hunting about 2 hours north west. A friend who travels this area had told me about the Hampton in Jackson, that it was new and a good place to stay. Friendly check in with a nice room with tv, microwave and refrigerator. Delicious breakfast with eggs and sliced sausage that was about as good as you can expect. Would recommend this to anyone travelling through south central Alabama.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Daytona Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

We drove all the way from Daytona Beach fl to get Jackson Alabama we had bad experience in the past with other hotels in jackson but thought this would be different since this hotel was
only a year old. After a 9 hr drive we arrived at the Hampton Inn to check in we we're happy because we had finally made it and we all we're thinking this is nice. We Check inn with the lady at the desk she gave us keys we go up to the first room there was hair in the tub one of the beds hadn't been made and there was also hair in the frig spider web hanging from the light soon as you walk in the door. So we called down and let the front desk clerk know she came up checked the other room gave us keys. We went to the next room there was hair in the that tub and food in the microwave. So we went back down to the desk and let the desk clerk know about that room. So she gave us a room down the hall well in this room there was a bug on the floor hair in this tub and there was dryed up urine on the toilet that was the last straw.So went back to the first room and cleaned that room changed the sheets before we could even stay. That was unexceptable !We talked with the Housekeeping manager very rude ask me what do you want for me? she told me I should understand that because I work in that field that's no excuse for the hotel to be in this condition so I ask to speak with a manager above her. They explain to me that she wouldn't not be in so I asked if she could give me call before I checked out the hotel. The manager finally called she was even rude told me we can check out and there was nothing she could do because we can on a discounted rate and she said that I was rude to her staff and she was upset because she had to call me on Holiday she was not helpful at all it was the worse stay I have ever had! A nice hotel but if they keep cleaning the way they do it will be a dump and not up to hampton standards at all. Which right now i don't feel its up to the hampton standards at least not any Hampton I've been in we will not come back because of the way we we're treated it this is not right ! I made the statement that we will be calling the corp office the General Manager stated that she would be calling and I could call who ever I wanted to this is just bad customer service all around.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sharon N
birmingha Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2011

I wonted to visit Gee's Bend Ferry in Camden , Alabama a historical sight so i chose this hotel even though it's a hour away from Camden i had enough points to stay for free . I'm so glad i did it is new and the people who work here was very helpful. The rooms was nice and clean, the shower was very large, the breakfast was great we had grits,sausage,eggs,toast,bagels etc! The hotel staff recomended down town Grill for dinner and i'm glad we went the owner was very nice and the food was great.I would stay again in a heart beat.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank phyllispsu
DEBRA L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay,all our staff reads the comments and it helps us to improve and make their days brighter to know they have provided good customer service.

Debra Luke
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

The hotel is new so it might have an unf
air advantage over the other hotels s in the area
the staff was wonderful very accomodating, did not flinch at any request. The atmosphere was contemporary w/ bits of southern decor and charm. The lobby was well stocked with varying coffees and teas, just what one might need to settle in after a bit of a drive.
I exhaled when I got in my room, it was spacious and nicely decorated. The bed was a definate remedy for those suffering from insomnia. Plasma tv, microwave and refridge was just would one needs if they wanted to stay in their room all day and night. The staff was superb!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business