Quality Inn Airport–Southeast
  • Breakfast included
$90
Rodeway Inn(Birmingham)
$48
All reviewsolive gardenfree breakfastfree nightcomfortable bedgreat ratenice roomirondalegrantspillowsalabama
Reviewed April 29, 2009

I would have to say I have been to a few place in my time and this place happen to be pretty Great! the lady at the desk was so helpful and kind I was very sleepy and not feeling well and she help me as fast as she could, she even ask me if I need help to my room! seeing that I did not feel well. I was great full to have stoped and was taken very well care of. Thanks for your peace and sweetness Justine I believe was her name!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2009

I stayed here for three nights on business and was rather pleased. I have never been to the area before, but it's really easy to find the hotel from I-20 and it's not too far from Birmingham Airport. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly . Most importantly, the room was clean and comfortable... and quiet!

The hotel offers free breakfast - your typical Quality Inn fare. There are some good resturants in the Irondale area - some name brands (Ihop, Olive Garden) and some bbq joints - I was a fan of Logan's Roadhouse (really good burgers..mmm). There's also a Subway across the street if you're feeling too lazy to go far for grub.

The WiFi was definitly great!! I will def. stay again if I return to the area.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank SMILIEGIRLTexas
Reviewed October 7, 2008

Not American owned...Upon entering our room there was a very odd smell, musty moldy maybe were my first thoughts, but then as I started opening drawers from the furniture in the room........WHOA, there the smell was, smells as if the furniture had been drenched in water and then it mildewed, that is the smell of room 253 at the quality inn Irondale Al. Ants consumed my luggage because I guess I has something in my luggage they wanted so I took ALL of my clothes out went and bought my own ant spray and resolved the situation myself. The mirrors on the door and over the sink we FILTHY, I travel alot so I have my own cleaning supplies and should work for half of the hotels I stay at because I know what clean is, and this one is not clean, upon spraying for the ants in the room a roach about 2 inches long came crawling out from under the furniture which my husband saw and killed. This is not American practice.....we do not want bed bugs or any bugs for that matter in our rooms.

*****************************************************************
I did my homework and found that if you can and dont mind, drive another 20 min. to Fultondale and there is a Brand New LaQuinta with contemporary new rooms THAT EXCEPTS PETS (PET LOVERS) With NO FEE....VERSUS HERE THAT CHARGES 20.00 a night. Trust me I am moving on!!!!!!!! Contact me if you'd like!!!! :)

Just because the pictures on the net look nice I'd advice you to go a little further.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2007

We stayed here, a suburb of Birmingham, to be near our family. The hotel is nice, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, they needed to be helpful, because our first room had a sink faucet that wouldn't produce more than a few drops of hot water at a time. We were given another room with no fuss, and it was an improvement. Still, although generally very clean, particularly the bathroom, the carpet and sofa had numerous stains.
The bed was very comfortable, and the unit was very quiet, except for the noisy air conditioner.
The breakfast buffet was adequate, and the coffee was great.

Because of the convenient location we might stay here again, but I'm not sure.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2006

Good place to stay. Rooms very clean. Affordable. Great view for the area mountains. About 10 min from airport and 15 min from downtown B'ham.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family