All reviewsan early flightfree breakfastfree nightcomfortable bedbirminghamalabama
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

After being told the empty-looking Hampton next door was booked (???) we were so tired, we just went next door.
This hotel is older, but the lady at the front desk was so nice, and the lobby was very clean, so I decided to stay.

The room was also clean, and had been updated more than others I've stayed at for $60.

The beds were fine, no complaints there. Not Hampton beds, but we were comfortable.

We had a decent night's sleep (could've been a tad better if the fan on the heat and a/c unit could have run on constantly).

There were no loud or loitering people coming and going, never heard sounds from other rooms- all in all I feel like we got what we paid for, and I was pleasantly surprised for the price range and age of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank KaiyaMarie
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Upon arrival, there was a stinch in the entrance of the lobby, never did figure what it was. The front desk man was not too friendly. And when we got to the room, using normal voices apparently we woke a neighbor, very thin walls. The "no-slip" mat in the bath tup was black around all the edges as if it had not been cleaned. Upon one flush with 1 small piece of toilet paper in the toilet, the water rose quickly near the rim. By the second person using, it was clogged and out of commission for the night. The next morning my dad had to go get a plunger and fix it himself. That should have been the house keeping! The door didn't shut too well and was very squeeky. These may seem like minor things to some, but when you've driven 5-6 hours and still have 9-10 left, a great night's sleep is much needed. I would NOT reccomend this place, even for the budget-minded...that was the only reason we stayed there, but i would have been willing to pay $20 more for a more comfortable and pleasurable stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2013

this hotel is an awesome place to stay it is very clean and the owners and employees are very friendly and make you feel very welcome and the rooms are very nice with wonderful flat screen televisions and the continental breakfast is hot and so homemade

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I had a limited budget so I compared prices on all of the options in the area and this location offered significant saving. Nightly rates were running $40 less than competitors at the same exit.

The facilities (lobby and landscaping) were clean, well appointed and maintained. My room was just what I expected - functional, clean, reasonably appointed and well maintained (there were some minor, mostly cosmetic shortcomings, but nothing that interfered with the function of the room or my enjoyment of the stay.)

Likewise, I found the breakfast to be just what I expected and a great value for a facility in this price range: there were a variety of pastries, fruit, juice, coffee, cereal, and the ever-popular waffles. Yes the eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy were pre-prepared, but they were plentiful and presented in a clean, well maintained area with plenty of condiments and such that allowed me to construct an enjoyable, hearty breakfast at no cost.

Desk staff were friendly and accommodating. I expressed at check-in that I needed a good internet connection (something I've learned pays off in budget locations) and staff helped with this as well as my specific room location request.

I'd definitely stay there anytime I'm looking for a short stay on a budget.

Room Tip: If you need a strong internet connection when staying at an affordable motel, always let front desk staff know at check in.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have been staying at this Quality Inn on the hill above Sam's Club for the last several years. Ken and Nancy have made all the stays enjoyable and they are a pleasure to tslk to every time I am in town. If you want a nice location away from the hustle and bustle of the City, I would highly recommend the Quality Inn in Irondale, Alabama

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business