Golden Rule Barbecue-irondale
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Irondale
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

I'm not a huge BBQ fan, but when I go to Golden Rule, I love me some chopped pork smothered in their original white sauce. You have to ask for it and make sure you tell them no BBQ sauce. You'll love it too.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I went here with a church group because it was close to our hotel we stay at. The service was out of the world and could no be happier. I order the hamburger stake and it was real good. Others order BBQ with mix reviews. Some of the ribs were a little dry, also the chicken, however it was not bad. Just a little better with the dryness and it will be a 5.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

This great BBQ place is across the street from where it originally was. It was great when, as a kid, our family would stop after a visit to B'ham and get a BBQ sandwich. It is still as good today. A very tasty desserts........... yummmmm........

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is our favorite BBQ Restaurant ! The casual atmosphere & friendly staff make this a special place to enjoy BBQ, Burgers, Hot Dogs & various sides.
It seens busy all the time & I know why --- good food, good service, good prices.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I went in for dinner new years day 2014. Place was not crowded and we were greeted in a friendly manner. Our waitress tended to us promptly and was very friendly. However when we received our food we were very disappointed. Our half slab of ribs had been sitting so long prior to us getting them they looked almost petrified. The meat (which was sparse) was dry and flavorless. The pork and beans had an overwhelming amount of cinnamon which rendered them inedible. We received store bought rolls pulled out of a tin tray. For around 16 dollars we got a single entrée that was substandard. Service was friendly but we will not be back.