“Great Stay - Highly Recommended” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Irondale
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Stay - Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

We were given a room on the fourth floor - there was definitely the smell of cigarette smoke and the toilet leaked. One call to the front desk and an extremely courteous and helpful hotel employee immediately offered us another room on a different floor. The hotel and room was perfectly clean and I really enjoyed my stay. I attended a seminar that was held inside the hotel and the seminar was handled professionally as well. Highly recommended. I will stay there again without hesitation.

Room Tip: We chose the first floor - it was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
We are happy to read any complaint you had was taken care for quickly and are happy you had a good stay. Thank you for such a nice review and for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with our two kids. Our 10yr old was in a golf tournament in Birmingham and this Hotel just happened to be the closest to the golf course. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was good. The hotel was not crowded at all. We enjoyed our stay !!!!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites and hope everything went well at the golf tournament. Thank you for such a nice review and we hope we will be able to host you again in future.
Puyallup, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

During a PCS from North Carolina to Washington State the wife and I made a reservation at this hotel. While traveling with our 1 year old for the first time we did not make the time we thought we would and had to stop short since my wife, who had our child in the car began to fall asleep. We contacted the hotel to let them know and they said we would just drive through or pay the money for the room regardless. While they were well within their right to do that I have never seen a hotel more worried about their money than the safety of their customers. I will be giving my business to more customer friendly hotels in the future and I suggest checking on other hotels in the area that are more understanding and comparable in price and quality. Especially if you are military and traveling with your family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us on your next trip our way.
Avondale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip. Nice, clean and convenient location near the airport. Didn't have a rental car so the courtesy van driver took us anywhere we needed to go. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
We are glad our shuttle van was able to get you to all the places you needed to go during your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites. Thank you for your great review and for your business. We look forward to your next visit.
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at this property with our children using rewards nights. Overall, it was okay. We needed adjoining rooms and had to settle for a king accessible room because was adjacent to a double queen room. Not the greatest shower experience.The rooms also could've used a little airing out as they smelled old and stuffy. All in all the rooms served their purpose. The girls enjoyed the pool and the beds where comfortable. The front desk staff was really nice and welcoming also.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.
Cairo, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I wish there was a Comfort Suites in this area but we had to settle for the Holiday Inn Express while staying in Irondale, Alabama. This should have been a great stay but a few issues caused this hotel to come up short. The hotel looks as if it had been recently painted on the inside and the smell of paint and cigarette smoke was noticeable on the fourth floor where we stayed. The lack of air conditioning in the hallways made the smell worse. The room also had an odd smell. Out of six days of hotel stays on my trip this was the first hotel that did not have a microwave or refrigerator. The elevators were aggravating; I had to press the buttons several times to get the doors to open each time I rode the elevator. I called before choosing this hotel to check the rate; I was quoted $89. Upon arriving I was told it would be over $100. After saying something about the $89 rate I was quoted, the lady behind the front desk told me she had made a mistake in the price quoted over the phone. She did offer a lower rate but not the $89 I was told over the phone. This was also the only hotel I stayed at without the option of cranberry juice for breakfast. Too many negatives for me to recommend this hotel; unfortunately it is one of the few choices you have in Irondale, Alabama. I should have known to go elsewhere when I saw the parking lot was nearly empty.

Room Tip: Some rooms might have a microwave/refrigerator; make sure you ask if you need one. I would stay on...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. Your business is important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.
Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Whenever we travel, we stay in a Holiday Inn Express. This one is a typical. I often call the hotel desk and make a reservation with the hotel. The clerk transferred me immediately to the national reservation line as soon as I asked if they had rooms available. Other than that, it was a good experience. The room was clean. The breakfast was typical HIE breakfast, which is good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty to Holiday Inn Express brand. It is nice to read we gave you a good experience also here at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites . Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irondale
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham East Irondale
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#46 of 79 in Birmingham
Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport
Comfort Inn Birmingham - Irondale
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!