“Another nice HI Express”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Irondale
Avondale, Arizona
“Another nice HI Express”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip. Nice, clean and convenient location near the airport. Didn't have a rental car so the courtesy van driver took us anywhere we needed to go. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
We are glad our shuttle van was able to get you to all the places you needed to go during your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites. Thank you for your great review and for your business. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at this property with our children using rewards nights. Overall, it was okay. We needed adjoining rooms and had to settle for a king accessible room because was adjacent to a double queen room. Not the greatest shower experience.The rooms also could've used a little airing out as they smelled old and stuffy. All in all the rooms served their purpose. The girls enjoyed the pool and the beds where comfortable. The front desk staff was really nice and welcoming also.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.
Cairo, Georgia
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I wish there was a Comfort Suites in this area but we had to settle for the Holiday Inn Express while staying in Irondale, Alabama. This should have been a great stay but a few issues caused this hotel to come up short. The hotel looks as if it had been recently painted on the inside and the smell of paint and cigarette smoke was noticeable on the fourth floor where we stayed. The lack of air conditioning in the hallways made the smell worse. The room also had an odd smell. Out of six days of hotel stays on my trip this was the first hotel that did not have a microwave or refrigerator. The elevators were aggravating; I had to press the buttons several times to get the doors to open each time I rode the elevator. I called before choosing this hotel to check the rate; I was quoted $89. Upon arriving I was told it would be over $100. After saying something about the $89 rate I was quoted, the lady behind the front desk told me she had made a mistake in the price quoted over the phone. She did offer a lower rate but not the $89 I was told over the phone. This was also the only hotel I stayed at without the option of cranberry juice for breakfast. Too many negatives for me to recommend this hotel; unfortunately it is one of the few choices you have in Irondale, Alabama. I should have known to go elsewhere when I saw the parking lot was nearly empty.

Room Tip: Some rooms might have a microwave/refrigerator; make sure you ask if you need one. I would stay on...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. Your business is important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.
Oklahoma
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Whenever we travel, we stay in a Holiday Inn Express. This one is a typical. I often call the hotel desk and make a reservation with the hotel. The clerk transferred me immediately to the national reservation line as soon as I asked if they had rooms available. Other than that, it was a good experience. The room was clean. The breakfast was typical HIE breakfast, which is good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty to Holiday Inn Express brand. It is nice to read we gave you a good experience also here at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites . Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I ended up in a smoking room and due to health issues coul not stay in the very smokey room and floor. I turned in my keys explained my health concerns and was told by general manager through front desk clerk that I could check our but would pay for room. I have called corporate and am waiting to here from them. This is awful. Paying for a room that coul kill me. My eyes are swollen and my throat is swollen from the smoke. Please save yourself from holiday inn express. Their policies are awful.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Tyronnda B
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are very sorry for the fact that you did not have a comfortable stay. Be assured that we are sharing your concerns with all appropriate management so that corrective measures are taken where feasible. We sincerely apologize for falling short of your expectations as this is not typical of the high standards we strive to maintain.

Plano, Texas
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I would rate this HIE as poor, mostly because the hotel is in desperate need of renovation. I did not realize that the all of the hotel was not non-smoking. I stepped off the elevator and the fourth floor wreaked of stale cigarette smoke. My room smelled like it had been over-deoderized. There was no heavy curtain in my room, just the thin veil, so it was practically daylight in my room because of the light from my the parking lot. At the same time, all that light made the parking lot safe! The breakfast was averge. I tried the eggs, but couldn't eat them because they were too salty. I probably wouldn't stay here again until it had been renovated.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bronzino_13
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in town.
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Needed to stop for a quick nights rest while traveling. Lorraine was super nice and got us checked in quick and easy. Room was clean and temp was perfect. The only thing that kept the rating down was the bed quality...time for a change! Breakfast was what you'd expect from a HIE but no pancake machine like other HIE's.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank sshcwood
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I’m happy to read from your review that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I was especially glad to read that you has a speedy and efficient check-in. Our main concern is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay and I am thrilled that we were able to make your stay enjoyable. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irondale
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham East Irondale
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#48 of 79 in Birmingham
Comfort Inn Birmingham - Irondale
Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southeast
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!