“Can't beat this place”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

YUMMO. --- that sums it up!! I would definitely recommend. Trip advisor did not steer me wrong. No complaints here!!!!!!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Po Boy Factory is located in an almost residential section of Huntsville. The restaurant itself is in a real cool house like building. The parking lot out front is tiny. I barely made it out of the Po Boy Factory lot with a subcompact car. Would hate to try it in a large SUV.

Would describe the Po Boy Factor atmosphere as Mardi Gras wild and colorful. The restaurant furnishings and utensils are simple and rustic. Service here is quick, friendly, and efficient. Po Boy Factory puts enough sauces on each table to satisfy any taste.

At the suggestion of Yelp reviews I tried the Blackened Grouper Po Boy and the Cajun fries. Po Boy Factory lets you choose your topping on your Po Boy (lettuce, tomatoes, sauces, etc.) That Blackened Grouper Po Boy was the best sandwich I have ever had. The Cajun fries were round cut fried potatoes. My Cajun fries were so flavorful that they didn't even need sauce.

To my Po Boy and fries dinner I added a cup of Jambalaya. Goodness sakes that cup of Jambalaya was about the best cup of anything this Oregonian has ever tasted. Will have to confess that my exposure to Louisiana food had been Popeye's restaurants.

The word "authentic" gets beat to death. I don't care if the food at Po Boy Factory is authentic Louisiana cuisine. Would much rather judge a restaurant on its own merits. Judging Po Boy Factory on its own merits this is one great restaurant to enjoy the delicious and flavorful food of Louisiana!

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I have never had a bad experience at this place the service is great and food is GREAT! I love the workers they are very helpful for your first time and they all have their favorite foods of what to try.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Enjoyed lunch here with a co-worker on our way out of town, had to give it a try as #1 right? Prolly a bit over-rated. The sandwiches were good, but i guess I wasn't really that impressed with the roast beef po boy I had. And I've had some fantastic roast beef po boys in southern Louisiana too. The "sloppy" option was just way too sloppy, was more like roast beef soup with some bread thrown in. My friends shrimp sandwich looked a lot better. Don't really like restaurants with all the disposable plates, cups, and plastic ware either, not like it was a sidewalk vendor.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I'm a native Floridian. Lived there for 28 years - and I've had my share of good seafood... A friend suggested this place and it was a total surprise where we were going. I ordered the blackened grouper that came with a boatload of shrimp, oysters and scalops... and enough fries to feed all the french that won a war...

Everything was cooked to perfection. The grouper was at least 3/4 of an inch thick, and covered the basket it came in. Their own homemade sauce is something you MUST taste to fully appreciate. It's just perfect - and I'm not a sauce guy - but theirs, theirs rocks!

Prices are reasonable and the staff is beyond excellent. They all make sure you've got all you need and want and aim to take great care of you. If you go often enough, they all remember you and treat you like family - THE GOOD KINDA FAMILY!

All their stuff is fresh and just delicious. Check it out for yourself, you WON'T be disappointed, I gar-un-tea it!