“Go for the Po Boys”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed August 27, 2013

and the crawfish season. Great staff, and the decor will think you are in the Big Easy. Every Po Boy is huge with shrimp, oysters, or my personal favorite crawfish. Crinkle fries are delicious. Have a cup of gumbo before the meal. And make sure you ask for the Hot Damn Sauce. ENJOY!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Surprisingly not a tourist place....I felt like a local here enjoying a classic oyster and crawfish po boy, etouffe, gumbo with sweet tea. Price $22 with tip. Thought I was in New Orleans. N

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

The food was good.... mostly fried or seafood, but yummy. It was busy but the service was still excellent.

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I don't think I've ever given a place 5 stars before but this one gets it hands down. The owner was awesome, the food was better than food we've had in New Orleans, and the atmosphere is flat out FUN. This is our new favorite place because we want to try everything. We had shrimp po-boys and a cup of étouffée and a cup of bread pudding. Excellent people - just excellent.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We arrived without reservations (not sure if they even accept reservations) at 6pm on a summer Friday night with my family of 4. The parking lots were near full but the adjacent lot had a few openings so we didn't have to walk far at all. After a 15 minute wait or so we were seated in a corner table and offered menus soon after. The first thing that grabs you about this place is the decor, it appears loud and proud with a mardis gras theme. We never would have found this place on our own but hunted it down because it's listed as the #1 restaurant in Huntsville per tripadvisor. Because it's number one, we felt obligated to dine there since it's practically a must do for travelers. Again, loud and proud decor but also loud due to the volume of hungry customers. They really pack them in. We ordered a variety of items and occupied ourselves with a card game while we waited a half hour or so for our food. They have free wifi but must be experiencing difficulties because none of our devices were able to connect to it. The staff was super busy but took the time to be polite to customers passing by on their way in and out. Our poor waitress looked like she really needed a break but dutifully met our needs as often as she could. My daughters drank soda pop delivered in cans with styrofoam cups of ice to "pour your own." My beloved enjoyed a couple of long neck beers while I relaxed with a few iced teas that I was rather fond of. I got the special that came with gumbo which arrived first with a few packets of saltines. Everyone tried it, the kids didn't care for it but the adults thought it was okay. My shrimp po boy was also okay but I probably should have ordered something else since I compared my sandwich to Popeyes which is pretty amazing. My meal also came with fries that were also okay. I tried pretty much every sauce on the table to add a little excitement to my selection and I loved the cocktail sauce. Their homemade "hot damn" sauce was also a unique experience. My wife's spicy shrimp was okay but better with the sauces. My daughters red beans and rice were okay. My other daughter ordered from the kiddie menu selection and loved her cheese sticks but didn't care for her crinkle fries. We opted out of dessert but the bread pudding did sound good. Since this place is rated number 1 it must have something going for it that we just didn't feel tonight. I won't return here but maybe other folks will find that special something that I didn't.

1  Thank kkibby43