“Love this place, esp. for lunch!”
Review of Surin of Thailand

Surin of Thailand
Ranked #64 of 620 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I love the chicken or beef larb and the nam-sod. It's consistenly good and very filling!!! Like another reviewer wrote, a cup of the coconut soup is included with lunch. The covered patio is nice for good weather. There happy hour looks like a good deal, but I've not tried it. (I only give atmosphere "4" because at lunchtime it gets really crowded and sometimes you feel a little 'squished' )

Reviewed September 10, 2010

The single most appalling place to eat in the suburbs of sad, sad Huntsville, Alabama. Should you decide to test your luck on Surin/e, prepare to wait a ("normal," according to managment) twenty minutes. We also ordered a sushi roll, which took 20 minutes BEFORE we asked the bartender to check on it. As a server, it was obvious to me that the bartender put our order in only after we had checked on the food. 30 minutes later, after requesting management, our food was delivered & no compensation/apology was given. I serve food down the street, at a place normally on a 1 1/2 hour wait, and this would be considered a fluke, a shame, a humiliation. When I called to complain, managment hung up the phone. It's so sad to think that a poor yuppie on a fancy dinner in this grey, boring suburb of ours would consider this sub-par food and crap ambiance a decent night out. Go to Arby's.

Reviewed February 13, 2010

Of the local Thai options this is our favorite. There is also a Surin in Madison, but we still slightly prefer the one on Aiport Rd in Huntsville. Food is always excellent. I highly suggest trying the steak salad. If you go at lunch you get the same size portions plus they give you coconut soup for free!

Reviewed January 1, 2010

I'd read good reviews of this restaurant, and it was near the ice skating rink, so we dropped in on a Tuesday night. There was a line of people waiting, apparently because they have a happy hour until 7, and the people who had come for that were lingering over their meals. It cleared out later- so go before 7 or after 7:30. The seafood soup was delicious, with a wonderful broth. We ordered the Chef's selection of sushi- it didn't say omakase, but we were expecting a nice selection. What we got was fine, but it wasn't as appealing as the assortments that diners around us had- order a la carte. However, the big disappointment was the fake crab in the roll we were given and on two of the nigiri. Not only did we not expect fake crab at a restaurant that claims to have all fresh ingredients, one person in our party is allergic to it. I don't know if it says anywhere on the menu that it's fake crab- since we ordered the assortment, we didn't know what was coming so didn't ask about it.

Reviewed November 13, 2009

I've never been in Surin of Thailand in Huntsville. I want to write a review about Surin of Madison that's located on Hwy 72. My husband and I have dinner once a week. It became a custom, almost an addiction. We just love the restaurant!!!. The atmosphere is great, it's elegant and cozy. The service is really good, the staff so polite and friendly. The food is so delicious that's almost unbearable. I've tried several dishes, all fantastic but my favorite one is Tiger Cry. Beef with vegetables and rice and the most incredible sauce. I give all the stars to this restaurant.