“A Huntsville, AL, week”

Hampton Inn Huntsville - Arsensal/South Parkway
Ranked #13 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The hotel is well-located and the front staff were friendly, helpful and responsive to any requests. The housekeeping service needs more supervision as they might overlook cleaning the room or might not replace such items as toilet tissue or kleenix. Overall, this hotel is a good value for the price and is well-maintained.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Courtney C, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Huntsville - Arsensal/South Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Thank you for the kind words about the staff. We are, however, very sorry to hear about the housekeeping issues that occurred during your stay. We are taking this survey very seriously, and are implementing additional personal training with all of our housekeepers to ensure that items aren't overlooked or missed by housekeeping. We are always striving to improve, and feedback like this helps us do that. Thank you for completing a survey and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Great place, staff were very friendly and helpful. I left early and was offered a sack lunch for my travel. The cleaning staff did a great job and always kept the room supplies well stocked. The breakfast was very good, i.e. the omelets. Would be glad to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Courtney C, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Huntsville - Arsensal/South Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay! We understand everyone has a different schedule, and sometimes you can't sit to enjoy breakfast, and that's where our Breakfast to Go bags come in Handy. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and I really hope you'll come see us again soon. Thank you for the great survey!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I spent one night as a getaway. We were greeted very cordially and our room was clean and welcoming. The Breakfast was fabulous and the person taking care of Breakfast was very helpful. I enthusiastically recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Courtney C, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Huntsville - Arsensal/South Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I'm so glad you two got a nice night out and chose us to do so!!! We always try to go above and beyond and I'm glad we won you over! Please come stay with us again soon.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

As consistent as you expect from a Hampton Inn and includes breakfast and free internet. Nestled between a Doubletree on the one side and a Hilton Garden in on the other with good proximity to nearby restaurants and shopping. Beds could be a bit more comfortable but not too bad. AC unit is still one of this manual types but it worked ok. Staff are friendly and helpful, rooms are clean, and modern and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the review! We love our little spot off the road but still close to all the places you need to be in Huntsville. We are working on making all of the rooms not manual AC units, we are close to finished! Thank you for staying with us and I can't wait to see you in the future!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This hotel is a little ways out from downtown Huntsville but if you have your car, it's an easy trip back into town. This hotel staff was wonderful - very friendly and gave great directions to a couple of different places I needed to go. The room was clean and quiet - two things I demand in a hotel. I'll definitely stay here again if I'm back in Huntsville.

1  Thank Angie B

Thank you for the lovely review! Yes, we are only a few short exits away from downtown, shopping, and great restaurants. We love our location because we are tucked away from all the noise but still close to the places you need to be! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will come and see us again soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Hampton brand used to be consistent across the board. Boy, are they slipping! While the staff is still friendly at most locations, the quality and cleanliness of the brand has dropped dramatically. The Huntsville/Arsenal hotel felt older, as if it was time for an update. My experience included dirty sheets (yuck!), unclean bathroom (hair in the shower, lots!), and just an overall feel of it being dirty. I'll choose wiser next time I'm in this area.

2  Thank Anne D

I am so sorry that you did not have a good experience! This review broke my heart, because we are so proud of our newly renovated hotel and our standards are very high, cleanliness wise. A full investigation has gone into this and we are working to ensure this never happens again. I want to formally apologize for all of these things you listed and I hope you will give us another chance in the future to wow you! Thank you for writing a review.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The biggest thing that let this hotel down was not having a bar or a restaurant. At the end of a busy day, having to drive to get food etc was a big let down. The rooms were clean and the staff were friendly, but my room had a fridge which kept waking me up every two hours when the compressor kicked in during the night. I had to unplug it after the first night as it was driving me mad. I won't be staying here again as there will be other hotels nearby with a bar and restaurant.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Courtney C, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Huntsville - Arsensal/South Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Well I want to first and foremost, I apologize for the inconvenience of the refrigerator. I understand loud hums or extra noise can be a bit maddening. Any time something like that goes wrong, please let us know. We are more than happy to fix it or replace it. Also, you're right! We don't have a bar or restaurant in our building, and that can be an inconvenience to some travelers that enjoy those aspects of a hotel. What we do offer is our hot complimentary breakfast from 6am until 11am and cookies and water, all free. We have a large binder at the front desk with take out menus as well and have worked out deals with a lot of restaurants that don't normally deliver, that will deliver here. We hate you didn't enjoy your stay with us though, maybe one day you will give us another chance to WOW you! Thank you for giving us a chance. We love having you here!