“Typical Hampton Inn. Good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #4 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
North Potomac, Maryland
“Typical Hampton Inn. Good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2009

Part of a long distance motorcycle trip. This Hampton Inn was typical -- suburban location near restaurants but not near cultural sites, etc., clean, no nonsense. Nothing special and nothing to specially detract from it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2009

We stayed at this Hampton Inn and have no true complaints. It's not one of the newer Hamptons with indoor access. It is one of the older ones, but true to Hampton standards was clean, great breakfast and excellent service.

Rooms bedding was smaller than the newer ones with only double beds. But we were here for a stort stay. The internet worked just fine w/ my laptop and I have no complaints.

One thing I would recommend is NOT to stay in room 145 or near it because it is near the cleaning service and when the workers go in and out getting things, talking, it gets somewhat loud at night. I don't think they were doing this to be rude, but probably didn't realize they were this loud. Also....the light comes in through the curtains if you need it to be pitch black.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
New Orleans, La
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2008

We stayed at this Hampton Inn by way of evacuation. We had no time to check tripadvisor to get the rating, however we were very pleased with our stay. When we drove up it appeared to look more like a upscale motel with the outside rooms, however we were in the section that required a room key for entrance, that was cool. The bed and pillows were out of this world, I slept very well. This hotel is located in a great spot, within walking distance to resturants. There's a mall maybe 1/2 mile or less. The staff was great, the breakfast was okay, but the staff was great. We just recently thought we were going to have to evacuate again and I immediately booked this Hampton, thank God we did not have to, but this is a place I would stay again.

Stayed August 2008
St. Louis MO USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2008

Nice desk clerk. Well-kept property. Most rooms are in disconnected buildings with carded floor access. Early check-in means difficult parking as the lot is shared with neighboring restaurants and professional buildings. Room was much larger than necessary for 2 queens. Bathroom was aging - there were some cracked/missing 4" tiles around the baseboard, and the caulk around the in-room jacuzzi was brown and hard. Good breakfast. Great outdoor pool with a jacuzzi.

• Liked — Location and the great pool.
  • Disliked — Aging room bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank xpanmanx
Near Chicago, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2008

We stay in Hamptons about 90% of the time, but I really don't like this type of Hampton. This hotel was worse than probably 90% of the Hamptons we've stayed at.

On the negative side, almost all of the rooms, including mine, have outside entrances only. This means that you have to walk through the parking lot every time you want to go to the lobby. The building itself looks very old and, except for the Hampton lobby canopy, it looked as though it were probably built by another chain. The toilet flushed very slowly. The bathtub drain seemed fine, but the vanity sink drained very slowly. Because the vanity is outside of the toilet/tub area, the toilet tub area is extremely small. Finally, I had a "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door, and, at about 8:00 AM housekeeping was next door and was constantly slamming and bumping the door. Had I been trying to sleep past this time, it would have been impossible. The room had the typical Hampton pillows which are far too puffy for my taste. I was happy that there was a lobby computer, but it was very low speed.

On the positive side, the location was very convenient to the Space Center which was my primary destination. Because the vanity was located outside the toilet tub room, the mirror did not fog up during my shower. This feature is also a plus if there are more than one person in the room. There was a microwave and a fridge in the room, which was handy to keep my water bottle cool. The price was extremely attractive especially considering how close I was to the Space Center. Check-in was polite and efficient.

In short, if I could find a nicer hotel in the area which is anywhere close to the price of the Hampton, I would stay at the nicer hotel. This was OK for one night.

• Liked — The low price and the Hampton breakfast.
  • Disliked — The outside entrances and the old appearance.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
NH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2007

I am a Hilton Diamond member, and earned at least half of that status at Hampton Inns across the country. However, this property is not one of their better properties, although it's obvious that the owners put a lot of effort into revamping what appears to have been a budget motel at one time.

As a female traveling on business alone, I don't care for their exterior hallway entrances into the rooms. At night some intoxicated men were on the balcony hallway arguing, and I doubt any cameras were present, as one might find in a hotel with interior hallways.

The furniture was shabby, and the room was small, but the carpeting and bathroom looked brand new. The internet service was hard-wired and worked well. The room was very clean with a really comfy bed - ironically better than other Hamptons.

The air conditioning ran sporadically, so I had some trouble sleeping because the temp seemed to cycle hot and cold. I didn't bother calling the desk because the staff whom I encountered seemed nice enough but not really on the ball.

The location is noisy but convenient to restaurants and shopping.

It wasn't a bad property, but when I return to Huntsville, this will not be my first choice. Hampton Inns normally have consistently good quality, and while this one tries, it doesn't really measure up.

• Liked — Cleanliness and bedding
  • Disliked — Exterior hallway/entry
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank shortysnh
atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2007

Without a doubt, the oldest, least appealing Hampton Inn I've ever stayed at.

Doors open to the outside like an Econo Lodge.

Old buildings and fixtures in the rooms were not clean (microwave, etc).

at $79 per night I was excited to get the reservation; however instead of the usual sterile, updated Hampton Inn comfort and style..........I ended up in a place far below my standards of "a comfortable hotel".

Embasy suites was about 130/night and we were actually regrettful we didn't just shell out the extra cash.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple