“Not up to Hampton standards”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #9 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was just a "stop" enroute to final destination. The lobby and room itself were nice, but had difficulties getting key to work, door was not fully sealed so external noises were bothersome; only Hampton I have stayed out with outside entrances to room. Exterior was showing its age - a bit worn. Not up to usual Hampton standard, which is quite high.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Doris H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. It is only through feedback like yours that we can address, correct and ensure all of our guests’ satisfaction. While we strive to provide our guests with an exceptional stay, I am sorry to hear from your review that you with disappointed with your recent stay. We do realize that you have a choice in where you stay and assure you that your feedback will be internally discussed to improve our offerings and services.

Thank you again for sharing your comments, and please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else that I can do for you.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The hotel maintains Hampton Inn standard amentities, but the set up of the hotel has outward facing doors. These made my room particularly noisy as the hotel is on a busy street.
Fitness facility matched what I have come to expect from Hampton Inn: 1 elliptical, 2 treadmills (very nice), 1 recumbant bike, 1 bench, mats, free weights, stability ball and lots of room to use (good for circuit training).
Pool appeared clean, but did not use.
Lobby was kept.
Some of the most kind and welcoming staff I have ever encountered!!

Surrounding Location is lack luster, but two exits down on 255 towards 565 at Old Madison Pike NW there is an excellent outdoor shopping center with better restaurant selection.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The warmest, kindest staff welcomed us as if we were long-lost family. We spent two nights here in May of 2013 and were super-pleased with everything. The room felt very clean and fresh; breakfast was delicious, with lots of healthy options, and the amenities (well-equipped workout room and lovely outdoor pool) were very nice. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: We liked third floor-no footsteps overhead.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 16, 2013

If you are looking for Clean, Comfortable, Stylish rooms, this is the place to go. Me and my family have never had such a wonderful experience, overall, with a hotel. Not only is the room great, but the friendly staff and they make you feel like your part of family. Excellent Experience!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Nice hotel, conveniently located, very clean with a friendly staff. Good selection of breakfast items. May be a bit pricey for not having an indoor pool and having a limited fitness facility. I would stay there again and would recomend it to my friends.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was quite disappointed with this property due to the fact that the rooms open to the outside --- more "motel" than "hotel." I've not stayed at any Hilton property that was still using this old school format and was a bit shocked that this property was part of the Hilton brand. The rooms were o.k.---pretty standard fare for Hampton with the exception of the bathroom/sink. The tub and toilet were not updated. The vanity was old and not the typical granite that is common in Hampton Inns nowadays. I only stayed at this property one night and would have moved to another property if my itinerary was to keep me longer in Huntsville. Yes, this property has a lower rate than other Hampton's or comparable hotels in the area. This lower rate also brings in some less than desirable guests. I encountered several guests sitting in the pool area and picnic table area who seemed to be a bit sketchy----smoking and drinking liquor out of brown paper bags and straight from the bottle. Not trying to sound like a snob, but the common areas were filled with people you would expect to see at a truck stop, not at a Hilton property. The only other issue I had was with the elevators and housekeeping. More than twice I needed to use the elevator and was not able to get on because housekeeping was using the elevator and there was no room for me to get on. The building does not have enough elevators--they should have at least one service elevator for staff to use while hauling their cleaning carts around. All in all, I can't blame the hotel manager or staff for the issues they have. The problems are inherent to the building itself. The Hilton Corporation should level this property and build a more modern facility in order to keep this property competitive with the surrounding hotels. I will definitely not stay at this property again.

Room Tip: I can't imagine that there is a good room on site.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Hotel was clean - I was not expecting it to have outside doors, but the hotel seemed secure. It was close to the Indian Creek Greenway which was an excellent running trail. The breakfast was the worst part of the stay - nothing particular that I liked. The evening reception was outstanding.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business