“A bit out of the way”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #9 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Although this is a nice property, it's not convenient to much. There is no restaurant within walking distance, so you have to rely on delivery or driving somewhere. The staff was helpful, the facility was clean, as was the room. The breakfast fare was typical Haqmpton freebies.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have to say that there's really nothing wrong with this place. Room was clean, bed was comfortable. It was quiet while we were there. The breakfast was adequate and reflected some of the local flavor - biscuits and gravy for breakfast, y'all. It was just a motel in the middle of an unending strip mall. Unfortunately, it wasn't clear there was a better option in Huntsville. It's a town dominated by the aerospace industry and the military arsenal. It's very green and pretty though. Two days was definitely enough time to spend there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Doris H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

On behalf of the management and staff we’d like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate your business and thank you for selecting our hotel. At the same time we are disappointed to learn of your mixed feelings, as we always like to ensure that our guests feel cared for, valued and respected, which is our brand promise. Our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration so that we may find ways to improve our hotel.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope that we may welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed in the oldest of several Hampton Inns in the area, particularly since it was near places we wanted to go. The only way I knew its age was that the rooms all opened to the outside - no indoor corridors. However, that was not a problem. The rooms were beautifully updated and furnished. I loved the Plantation shutters on the windows. Our room had a king bed and a pull out sofa bed. It was almost like being at home to sit on the sofa and watch tv. We had snacks in the fridge and the microwave was handy if we wanted to pop some corn. The beds and coverings were super. Loved the breakfast. Hot food every morning as well as the waffles, cereal and fresh fruit. My favorite was the oatmeal. We will definitely stay there again when we return to Huntsville.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was told this was a 31/2 start hotel. The eggs they served for breakfast were edible but gross. The people were nice but my room was just a room amenities (fridge, microwave and TV) and a bathroom. My friend came to visit and I asked to be moved to a double occupancy room for the remainder of my stay. I was almost charged for 2 rooms and I had to change rooms 2 times. The worst thing was Fox news in the morning while breakfast was being served. Nothing worst than listening to as fake news station release propaganda while I am trying to eat.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I hadn't stayed at a Hampton Inn for more than a day or two since the Spring of 2008. I took a chance and I had a "WICKED AWESOME" stay. I will use Hampton Inn more and more now. The breakfast hostesses knew exactly what I liked for breakfast and made sure I had it when I stumbled in through the doors every morning after 11 hrs at work all night. I had an interior door to my room and a jacuzzi tub, which made my stay the best besides my home.

Room Tip: Get the rooms in the new section, which are interior doors. Eat at Wintzells if possible, they suppl...
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night. My wife and I were in town to attend a Russian Food Festival, and to help raise some money for a Russian Chapel. The festival was on the university campus, and this hotel is only 1 mile from the university. The close proximity was a huge plus. The room we had was a King room and it was very clean. There was complimentary shampoo and conditioner in the room, in case you had forgotten yours. The hotel had free in room WIFI. The only thing keeping me from giving the property a rating of excellent is the breakfast. It was ok, but it could have been better. It did have a hot meat on the buffet, but I have had better meals at other hotels. Stay here if you are looking for a nice hotel near the university.

Room Tip: All of the rooms here are outside rooms. This makes a difference to some people. Enjoy your stay.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I would have given 5 stars except for the fact that this hotel is older and has the exterior entrances to all the rooms. This means you have to go outside and walk around to get to the lobby, which is a little inconvenient (especially in the unseasonable cold weather Huntsville was having when I was there). But otherwise, this was a good property. Room was large, very clean, and comfortable. Free Wi-Fi in the room (always a plus!!); very good hot breakfast (complimentary); and pleasant, helpful staff. I would definitely stay here again. Good value for the money!

Room Tip: Since you have to walk outside to get to the lobby, try for a room nearer the front of the building!