“Great location near the University of Alabama in Huntsville” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Huntsville

Hampton Inn Huntsville
Ranked #4 of 55 Hotels in Huntsville
Graysville, Alabama
“Great location near the University of Alabama in Huntsville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night. My wife and I were in town to attend a Russian Food Festival, and to help raise some money for a Russian Chapel. The festival was on the university campus, and this hotel is only 1 mile from the university. The close proximity was a huge plus. The room we had was a King room and it was very clean. There was complimentary shampoo and conditioner in the room, in case you had forgotten yours. The hotel had free in room WIFI. The only thing keeping me from giving the property a rating of excellent is the breakfast. It was ok, but it could have been better. It did have a hot meat on the buffet, but I have had better meals at other hotels. Stay here if you are looking for a nice hotel near the university.

Room Tip: All of the rooms here are outside rooms. This makes a difference to some people. Enjoy your stay.
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Durham, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I would have given 5 stars except for the fact that this hotel is older and has the exterior entrances to all the rooms. This means you have to go outside and walk around to get to the lobby, which is a little inconvenient (especially in the unseasonable cold weather Huntsville was having when I was there). But otherwise, this was a good property. Room was large, very clean, and comfortable. Free Wi-Fi in the room (always a plus!!); very good hot breakfast (complimentary); and pleasant, helpful staff. I would definitely stay here again. Good value for the money!

Room Tip: Since you have to walk outside to get to the lobby, try for a room nearer the front of the building!
FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Room is clean room, breakfast is good, staff is friendly. But AC is too noisy, feel like in a plane. Wifi is only available in lobby. Wired Internet is operated by AT&T, no support from hotel. I spent half hour with AT&T call center, still not got the Internet connected, have to request to change a room.

Room Tip: If you want to use WiFi, choose the room close to lobby so that you could use Wifi in lobby.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Doris H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I was delighted to read from your review that you were pleased with your room and that you thought our breakfast was good and our staff was friendly. We do everything we can for our guest to have an exceptional stay with us. I do however want to personally apologize for the noise and the frustrations you experienced. I am so sorry that the A/C unit in your room was disruptive in any way. I sincerely apologize that your rest was disturbed and I thank you for bringing this up to my attention so that I can follow-up with our maintenance crew.

I also appreciate your comments regarding our internet service. We are pleased to say that we now offter a wired and a wireless solution to make access more convenient for guests.

We want all our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. I am sorry that was not the case during your stay.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very customer focused staff. Very pleasant from arrival to breakfast staff and departure. Quite hotel rooms. Upon arrival was promptly greeted as a hilton honors member, staff quickly checked me in and asked if there was anything I needed to make my stay better. The breakfast staff was constantly either making sure serving area or tables were clean and walked over to ask if there was anything they could get for me. They also made sure that each breakfast item was always available and you weren't waiting for food. On departure the front desk was very cordial in asking if everything was okay with stay and you could tell they were focused on customer satisfaction.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Great staff, clean rooms, and a great breakfast each morning. The fitness center was one of the largest I have seen compared to other properties. Rooms were new and very comfortable. Breakfast each morning had great variety. I wasn't stuck eating waffles each day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Doris H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are delighted that you found our property to be clean, our staff to be helpful and our breakfast to have plentiful choices, we are sorry that you are disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us.

I truly apologize if you found our hotel to be somewhat dated and that we did not provide you with Wi-FI in your room. We are updating our property on an ongoing basis and I do appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this in mind, I will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our property

Please accept our sincere apologies if you were inconvenienced in any way and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.
Franklin, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Night Manager stated there were no 1st floor rooms available. The hotel had a 30% occupancy rate at best and and over 50% of the first floor rooms were vacant. Made an otherwise good stay disappointing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Doris H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reservation on the first floor. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. I sincerely apologize if this may have caused you any inconveniences.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.
Midwest family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This is an older Hampton Inn and could use some updating, but the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff impressed us. The main lobby check-in personnel were smiling and pleasant each time we approached them with a question during our four day stay. Our maid was a darling girl and our room was spotless. Breakfast was typical Hampton fare with good coffee. Not a luxurious place, but dependable and clean.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family