WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #5 of 54 Hotels in Huntsville
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Great staff, clean rooms, and a great breakfast each morning. The fitness center was one of the largest I have seen compared to other properties. Rooms were new and very comfortable. Breakfast each morning had great variety. I wasn't stuck eating waffles each day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Doris H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are delighted that you found our property to be clean, our staff to be helpful and our breakfast to have plentiful choices, we are sorry that you are disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us.

I truly apologize if you found our hotel to be somewhat dated and that we did not provide you with Wi-FI in your room. We are updating our property on an ongoing basis and I do appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this in mind, I will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our property

Please accept our sincere apologies if you were inconvenienced in any way and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Franklin, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Night Manager stated there were no 1st floor rooms available. The hotel had a 30% occupancy rate at best and and over 50% of the first floor rooms were vacant. Made an otherwise good stay disappointing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Doris H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reservation on the first floor. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. I sincerely apologize if this may have caused you any inconveniences.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.
Midwest family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This is an older Hampton Inn and could use some updating, but the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff impressed us. The main lobby check-in personnel were smiling and pleasant each time we approached them with a question during our four day stay. Our maid was a darling girl and our room was spotless. Breakfast was typical Hampton fare with good coffee. Not a luxurious place, but dependable and clean.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Cons:
~This is an older style hotel with exterior doors- noise & security issues.
~There is no Wi-Fi in the room - only tether to an too short ethernet cord.
~ No door to vanity area - so light/noise spills into room

Pros:
~ Nice remodeling. Spacious King room.
~ Clean
~ Nice lobby
~ Friendly helpful staff
~ Snacks on Wednesday evenings from nearby restaurant.
~ Hampton style plentiful fresh breakfast choices.

It's too bad it's an old building style building because the place is well run. But I will choose the Homewood Suites or the Garden Inn for the same points.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the side of the smaller parking lot if a commercial diesel truck is parked t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
LYNN HAVEN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We came to Huntsville for a funeral and the hotel stay made for a nice trip. Facility was in good condition, the staff was wonderful. Would stay again if passing thru. Thank You Hampton Inn !!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Frequent trips to Huntsville have provided a myriad of hotel experiences including three stays at different Hampton Inn locations. The last Hampton Inn stay at the Hampton Inn Huntsville-Arsenal/South Pkway was wonderful but a little far from where I needed to be. I have always stayed away from the University Drive hotels, knowing that these hotels are older and tend to be rundown. I now book Hampton Inns because I can expect a certain standard. Unfortunately these standards need to be lowered at this hotel..Rooms all have outside entrances. They are smaller and there is no wifi in the rooms. The breezeway rooms, next to the elevator, can get noisy as people congregate waiting for the elevator. When I first entered the lobby, I was surprised at how crowded it was. I encountered one staff member who was less than helpful but for the most part, I found all the staff to be delightful. To be fair, having the Wifi in the lobby forced me to get out of my room in the evening where I discovered the benefits of this hotel. What other hotel serves a light meal in the evening? The broccoli soup, the taco soup, the fruit, and the assorted cookies were greatly appreciated. Would I stay here again? Probably not-I think I would prefer staying where the rooms are inside, the lobby is a little less crowded, and the rooms slightly larger but this hotel is not entirely devoid of the Hampton Inn hospitality.

Room Tip: The first floor breezeway next to the elevators can be noisy. There is an outside seating area wher...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kabul, Afghanistan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

The room was clean and quiet, the breakfast was decent, and the staff was helpful and courteous. But there is no laundry room on the property. I had to drive a few miles to a location that they recommended. There were some hustlers and G's hanging around the laundromat and luckily, since I'm an O.G. myself, I scored some bubonic chronic and blazed up a hella blunt!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ah64ip
Doris H, Manager at Hampton Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed that we did not have a laundry room at our hotel. I truly apologize if you if this caused you any inconveniences and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience.

Again, I thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.