“Disappointed”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #9 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Night Manager stated there were no 1st floor rooms available. The hotel had a 30% occupancy rate at best and and over 50% of the first floor rooms were vacant. Made an otherwise good stay disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Doris H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reservation on the first floor. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. I sincerely apologize if this may have caused you any inconveniences.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is an older Hampton Inn and could use some updating, but the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff impressed us. The main lobby check-in personnel were smiling and pleasant each time we approached them with a question during our four day stay. Our maid was a darling girl and our room was spotless. Breakfast was typical Hampton fare with good coffee. Not a luxurious place, but dependable and clean.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Cons:
~This is an older style hotel with exterior doors- noise & security issues.
~There is no Wi-Fi in the room - only tether to an too short ethernet cord.
~ No door to vanity area - so light/noise spills into room

Pros:
~ Nice remodeling. Spacious King room.
~ Clean
~ Nice lobby
~ Friendly helpful staff
~ Snacks on Wednesday evenings from nearby restaurant.
~ Hampton style plentiful fresh breakfast choices.

It's too bad it's an old building style building because the place is well run. But I will choose the Homewood Suites or the Garden Inn for the same points.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the side of the smaller parking lot if a commercial diesel truck is parked t...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We came to Huntsville for a funeral and the hotel stay made for a nice trip. Facility was in good condition, the staff was wonderful. Would stay again if passing thru. Thank You Hampton Inn !!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Frequent trips to Huntsville have provided a myriad of hotel experiences including three stays at different Hampton Inn locations. The last Hampton Inn stay at the Hampton Inn Huntsville-Arsenal/South Pkway was wonderful but a little far from where I needed to be. I have always stayed away from the University Drive hotels, knowing that these hotels are older and tend to be rundown. I now book Hampton Inns because I can expect a certain standard. Unfortunately these standards need to be lowered at this hotel..Rooms all have outside entrances. They are smaller and there is no wifi in the rooms. The breezeway rooms, next to the elevator, can get noisy as people congregate waiting for the elevator. When I first entered the lobby, I was surprised at how crowded it was. I encountered one staff member who was less than helpful but for the most part, I found all the staff to be delightful. To be fair, having the Wifi in the lobby forced me to get out of my room in the evening where I discovered the benefits of this hotel. What other hotel serves a light meal in the evening? The broccoli soup, the taco soup, the fruit, and the assorted cookies were greatly appreciated. Would I stay here again? Probably not-I think I would prefer staying where the rooms are inside, the lobby is a little less crowded, and the rooms slightly larger but this hotel is not entirely devoid of the Hampton Inn hospitality.

Room Tip: The first floor breezeway next to the elevators can be noisy. There is an outside seating area wher...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The room was clean and quiet, the breakfast was decent, and the staff was helpful and courteous. But there is no laundry room on the property. I had to drive a few miles to a location that they recommended. There were some hustlers and G's hanging around the laundromat and luckily, since I'm an O.G. myself, I scored some bubonic chronic and blazed up a hella blunt!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ah64ip
Doris H, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed that we did not have a laundry room at our hotel. I truly apologize if you if this caused you any inconveniences and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience.

Again, I thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I like to stay at Hampton when I travel so when I saw I was going to Huntsville I booked it. When I saw it was an "outie" design I was disappointed (note: there are some interior corridor rooms at the back of the hotel). When I got to my room I was pleased - while not new it was very clean with a nice flat screen TV. The cookies from the front desk improved my mood even more. Then I switched on my iPad only to discover there was no WIFI service (it was available in the lobby, not much help when I was near the back of the hotel). To add to my misery, my sleep was interrupted by sirens and alarms on both nights I was there.

I will say the staff was very friendly. This was a trip where I did not have the opportunity to sample the breakfast, but they seem to be pretty standard across the chain now. I do not see, nor did I look for an exercise room.

Overall the comfort of the room was fine. If you do not need WIFI (there is wired intranet service in the room) and do not mind having an exterior corridor room, well, this hotel is fine. It just does not work for me.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Doris H, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize in regards to the noise you encountered during your stay. I totally regret that noise was disruptive to you and apologize that you're comfort was interrupted. In addition, I am very sorry that you were inconvenienced by the lack of Wi-Fi in your room. We are always listening to our guests and I can assure you that your feedback will be taken into consideration to find alternative solutions to satisfy our guests.

Again, I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have had and I hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.