“Fantastic staff.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 55 Hotels in Huntsville
America
“Fantastic staff.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Fantastic staff. Older style Hampton Inn that has had a moderate make-over. Nothing to do with the hotel, but smoker in the room next door ruined my stay--smoking out on the walkways will go right into the rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Doris H, Manager at Hampton Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. I was happy to read from your review that you thought that our staff was fantastic while you stayed with us. Our main priority is for our guests to experience a welcoming stay. We do apologize for the smell of your suite during your stay and we hope you will give us another chance if you return to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel is clean. The staff is super friendly and gave good a lot of suggestion for places to eat dinner. The rooms are really nice and most important the bed is comfortable. Breakfast was really good and they served until 10:00 A.M.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Fayetteville, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I average about 60 hotel stays a year on business, and I prefer to stay at Hampton Inns most of the time because they offer consistent quality and amenities. I am sorry to say that this property does not live up to the Hampton Inn standard. I have no complaints of the service or staff which were great. The problem is the building itself.
This is an older hotel with external doors and stairways that you would find at a low end chain. No interior corridors = A big negative. Outside traffic and housekeepers rolling carts outside our door on concrete was a big nuisance. Our room was also quite small. We had two twin beds in our room and barely had room to maneuver around each other. The third big complaint is the lack of WIFI. While there is an ethernet port in the room, I do most of my business on a tablet and need WIFI access.
Bottom line: Don’t be fooled by the low rates. I would rather pay a little more and get the amenities and room quality I am used to at Hampton Inn. Next time I will pick one of the other HI’s in town.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, ask for a first floor room for easier access.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stay at a lot of Hilton properties (HH Diamond) and while I prefer Hilton Garden Inns, I selected this Hampton Inn as it was close to my business in Huntsville. I found this Hampton Inn to be a step above the others I have visited recently. I was impressed with the morning breakfast at this facility – the food items were refreshed frequently and the tables bussed as needed – most guest self-bus their tables.

A special thanks to the front desk lady at check-in that directed us to Wintzell’s Oyster Bar just behind the Hampton Inn. We enjoy three nice dinners in this fine eatery.

We also enjoyed the Manager’s nightly reception with snacks and delicious homemade fruit punch and lemonade. Wednesday night is not to be missed as the appetizers are from Wintzell’s.

The in-room Ethernet worked fine – as a replacement for the WiFi which, as others state, only works in the lobby & pool area.

The TV reception was a tad flakey – Dish TV is my guess – the PBS station was only viewable the first night, after that it was a digital mess.

Good value, good location and southern hospitality.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Christopher, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed here as a stop on our way to Panama City Beach. I would gladly come back, and stay here. The ladies at the front desk were so nice. :) The cable was out when we first arrived because there was a storm, but all was up and running in no time. The layout of the hotel is a little confusing, but after a little self exploration, we figured it out. The pool was nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mrsmccoy06
chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed here this past weekend Aug 10, 11. Our family reserved 4 rooms we were there for a wedding. The rooms were all double beds. They were clean and had flat screen tvs, mini fridges and microwaves. The bathroom did have some mold/mildew. The fact that there was no WIFI in the rooms was inconvienant. Lobby only and depending where U were sitting also near the pool area wifi. Pillows were not comfy. Air units did make a lot of noise but at least the rooms were all cool. Traveling with 3 young children. The outdoor pool was a welcome distraction for them. As hunstville seemed quaint and small. Other than the space center and a quick drive down some of the older historic homes. Could not find much more to do. The breakfast was good and plenty. Offering hot items. breakfast area does get crowed and there aren't enough seats. Enjoyed my stay. Good for a couple nights stay. Close to highway and art museum.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tacoma, Washington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The hotel has decent accomodations, good customer service, but still has many flaws. It is an older property and is in need of updating. It has the normal things to expect from a Hampton Inn like a comfortable bed, nice shower head, and a free hot breakfast. The servie is also good and I have no compaints about the staff. The property is dated and is one of the few Hampton Inns that have most of its rooms with the doors to the room on the outside. I was disappointed in several things. There was mold starting to grow around the tub caulking, the keys took several attempts to work, the vending machines were missing from several areas, and the breakfast service at 7:30 am was so crowded that there was no place to sit. This is a property that really needs updating. In the meantime it will do, and I will probably return. I just won't be looking forward to it.

Room Tip: Since most of the rooms are accessed directly from outdoors, I would request a ground floor room tha...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jonn F
Doris H, Manager at Hampton Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us in Huntsville. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay here and we are very sorry that you ran into issues. We have replaced the key card reader to your room and have addressed the restroom issues with our housekeepers. We are also starting renovation of the lobby. Adding a Suite Shop where guests can purchase items instead of vending machines. We hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again so we can have another chance at showing you what our warm Hamptonality is all about.