All reviewsbedroom suitefull kitchenshopping and restaurantshousekeeping stafffitness room ispull out bedweek staybeds were very comfortableper nightnight's sleepspace centerwafflesthe room was nicefirst floorrefrigeratorstovetreadmill
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Great staff, clean rooms, and excellent location. Free internet, but had issues connecting via wireless after 5pm due to folks returning from work. I was in room 115 so the early mornings were filled with lots of door slams and people talking which made it difficult to sleep.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank csjedi
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We booked this hotel on line to visit our son and his family for Christmas. They Townplace Suites had an $89 holiday special and it was very close to my son's house in Madison, AL. It was a long ride from Richmond, VA to Huntsville when the snow started. It snowed, and snowed and snowed. It made a very nice white Christmas but was none to good for the local roads.

We entered the snow covered parking lot to the Front Desk Attendant looking out at the snow in the parking lot. She had never seen snow before! She greeted us and thanked us for bringing the snow from up north and quickly checked us in. We went to our room and it was way too small for my wife and me with a teenager. One of us would not have survived! I returned to the desk to tell her the room was too small. The Attendant smiled and said, "I have a special Christmas present for you. See if you like this one." We went to the new room to find a 2 bedroom suite!

The room was outstanding. More like a small apartment then a room really. There was a well equipped kitchen, living room area, a nice bathroom and two bedrooms. What a great Christmas present! The "room" was clean, well decorated and more than enough room for us with our teenager. The beds were comfortable, the internet fast and the free breakfast a welcome early morning treat.

The next morning I asked the same attendant if she knew the road conditions to Madison because of the snow. She was able to describe the snowy road conditions and was able to let me know what stores were near for some last minute Christmas shopping. I asked her name. She introduced herself as, "Hope". Of all the hotels I have ever stayed she was the most friendly, responsive and competent front desk attendant I have ever encountered. Hope should teach customer service!

The day we were checking out a copy of the bill was slipped under the door. I expected to pay more for the better room but I was only charged for only $89 per night. I went to the front desk but Hope was off that day. I wanted to give her a little Christmas gift as a token of my appreciation but she was off that day. I only hope my great review is gift enough. Thank you Hope!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank NJ2Virginia
Reviewed October 29, 2010

My husband and I were in Huntsville to visit family, and we decided to upgrade our room from a studio room to a two bedroom suite. We were really glad to have the extra space.

Our suite had a full kitchen, including stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, dish soap, dishes and silverware, etc. It also had a nice-sized table large enough to comfortably seat 4 people, a couch with ottoman and an upholstered chair in the living room. There was a TV in each bedroom plus a TV in the living room, for a total of 3 TVs! Roomy closets and ample bedrooms, and a large bathroom finished out our suite. The beds were very comfortable and had nice crispy sheets -- we slept quite well all 3 nights.

The free breakfast had donuts, muffins, cereal, bagels, oatmeal, grits, yogurt, bananas, juice, milk, make-your-own fresh waffles, and also included refrigerated commercially-made breakfast burritos or egg/sausage sandwiches which could be warmed in the microwave. Coffee and tea were available 24/7 in the lobby area. We grabbed what we wanted for breakfast and took it back to our room to enjoy.

The outdoor pool was unheated and rather chilly, since it was late October. But my husband and granddaughter enjoyed swimming for a short time.

The exercise room seemed adequate, although we didn't use it..

The business center was very convenient for checking email and printing boarding passes for our return flights home.

The staff was friendly and attentive, and helped us upgrade our room from a studio to a two bedroom suite without too much effort.

We definitely plan to stay here on our next visit to Huntsville, and will once again stay in the spacious 2-bedroom suite. It was definitely worth the extra money!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jcjintegrity
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Maybe it was just a guy-thing but when someone AT THE FRONT DESK of the hotel tells you on your cell phone they are "just off of I-565" and they end up being WAAAAY off, it's kind of stressful, especially after 8 hours of driving in the heat! When we finally got there, however, and decompressed a bit, we found the location to be clean and comfortable. We only stayed the one night but I can see how it would be great for extended stays for biz. Priced right, too.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DaCheez
Reviewed July 24, 2010

First of all the lobby is beautiful and the staff are friendly and super attentive. When I got up to my room I was equally impressed. The room was beautiful, and very clean. The rooms have a kitchen with a good size refrigerator, and all of the utensils one needs in the kitchen. Flat screen television, and a large desk in case you are on business and need to do work. There is a nice gym with a flat screen television, and they always had clean towels at the gym. There is also a laundry room, and it is near tons of stores and restaurants. I usually don't sleep well when away from home, but I slept like a baby at this hotel - it was quiet and the mattress and pillows were great. Needless to say, I recommend this hotel to everyone, If I ever need to return to Huntsville this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business