All reviewsbedroom suitefull kitchenshopping and restaurantshousekeeping stafffitness room ispull out bedweek staybeds were very comfortableper nightnight's sleepspace centerwafflesthe room was nicefirst floorrefrigeratorstovetreadmill
Reviewed October 29, 2010

My husband and I were in Huntsville to visit family, and we decided to upgrade our room from a studio room to a two bedroom suite. We were really glad to have the extra space.

Our suite had a full kitchen, including stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, dish soap, dishes and silverware, etc. It also had a nice-sized table large enough to comfortably seat 4 people, a couch with ottoman and an upholstered chair in the living room. There was a TV in each bedroom plus a TV in the living room, for a total of 3 TVs! Roomy closets and ample bedrooms, and a large bathroom finished out our suite. The beds were very comfortable and had nice crispy sheets -- we slept quite well all 3 nights.

The free breakfast had donuts, muffins, cereal, bagels, oatmeal, grits, yogurt, bananas, juice, milk, make-your-own fresh waffles, and also included refrigerated commercially-made breakfast burritos or egg/sausage sandwiches which could be warmed in the microwave. Coffee and tea were available 24/7 in the lobby area. We grabbed what we wanted for breakfast and took it back to our room to enjoy.

The outdoor pool was unheated and rather chilly, since it was late October. But my husband and granddaughter enjoyed swimming for a short time.

The exercise room seemed adequate, although we didn't use it..

The business center was very convenient for checking email and printing boarding passes for our return flights home.

The staff was friendly and attentive, and helped us upgrade our room from a studio to a two bedroom suite without too much effort.

We definitely plan to stay here on our next visit to Huntsville, and will once again stay in the spacious 2-bedroom suite. It was definitely worth the extra money!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jcjintegrity
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Maybe it was just a guy-thing but when someone AT THE FRONT DESK of the hotel tells you on your cell phone they are "just off of I-565" and they end up being WAAAAY off, it's kind of stressful, especially after 8 hours of driving in the heat! When we finally got there, however, and decompressed a bit, we found the location to be clean and comfortable. We only stayed the one night but I can see how it would be great for extended stays for biz. Priced right, too.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DaCheez
Reviewed July 24, 2010

First of all the lobby is beautiful and the staff are friendly and super attentive. When I got up to my room I was equally impressed. The room was beautiful, and very clean. The rooms have a kitchen with a good size refrigerator, and all of the utensils one needs in the kitchen. Flat screen television, and a large desk in case you are on business and need to do work. There is a nice gym with a flat screen television, and they always had clean towels at the gym. There is also a laundry room, and it is near tons of stores and restaurants. I usually don't sleep well when away from home, but I slept like a baby at this hotel - it was quiet and the mattress and pillows were great. Needless to say, I recommend this hotel to everyone, If I ever need to return to Huntsville this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Hamlet5050
Reviewed July 23, 2010

My husband, teenage son, and I stayed at the TownePlace Suites in Huntsville from 7/18-7/23/10. This hotel has it all including:

-Extremely comfortable beds, a full kitchen, and work area for setting up a laptop with free wi-fi.
-A free breakfast that has a great variety of morning fare including sausage biscuits, breakfast burritos, yogurt, fresh fruit, a wide variety of cereal, cereal bars, and pastries, not to mention a wonderful belgian waffle set-up. The coffee is delicious!
-A great location next to a Super Target and within miles of several great shopping centers and places to eat.
-A housekeeping staff that has obvious pride in keeping this hotel sparkling clean and staff that go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable. Thank you Shanna and Antonia!
-A flat panel TV that connects a game system (my son spent down time playing games while my husband and I read).
-A full size refrigerator that we filled with sandwich makings and cold drinks.
-Best of all the price is right!

As a side note, if you are looking for things to do besides the Rocket and Space Center, you might want to check out Bridge Street Towne Center (about 5 miles away)-it has a fantastic movie theater, Monaco Pictures and tons of shopping and restaurants including DSW, Barnes and Noble, Apple, and J Crew & P.F. Chang's, the Melting Pot, and Red Robin. It has great atmosphere all lit up in the evening with live music-so fun! Also, Rosie's Mexican Cantina has excellent food and a lively atmosphere and is almost across the street from the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank juscruzin
Reviewed January 25, 2010

I really don't have any negatives to speak of for this location. When in Huntsville for work I typically stay at the Fairfield Inn but since it was booked up for the time I would be visiting I decided to try TownePlace Suites. To my pleasure I have now found a new location I will be staying at for any future visits. The two room suite was super nice and super clean. It's in a great location with many places to eat within a mile or two. It's also within a few minutes of I-565.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business