All reviewsbedroom suitefull kitchenshopping and restaurantshousekeeping stafffitness room ispull out bedweek staybeds were very comfortableper nightnight's sleepspace centerwafflesthe room was nicefirst floorrefrigeratorstovetreadmill
Reviewed January 1, 2010

The 2-bedroom suite was fine- we were a little disappointed that there was only one bathroom for 4 people, but the beds were comfortable and everything was very clean. We couldn't find the bedding for the sofa bed, which led to a rough night for the person sharing a bed with the 9-year-old. Look or ask before you turn in for the night. Breakfast was the big problem- everything was all carbs, and there was nothing for the gluten-sensitive person in our group. Other suite hotels such as Residence Inn and Staybridge Suites have scrambled eggs and fruit at breakfast, often for the same or less money. In fact, we stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Atlanta the same week for half the price of the TownPlace Suite and had 2 bathrooms and a much better breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We favor the Marriott chain and due to a family reunion for which I had to prepare food, chose the TPS for the kitchenette (even though there is a Residence Inn about 500 feet away!) The hotel room itself was extremely clean and was cleaned very well prior to our return in the evening. The breakfast is so-so, though the teens appreciated the breakfast hot pockets in the refrigerator. My one and only complaint (which I addressed with the front desk upon checkout, and addressed again in the room survey that Marriott sends out after stays) was that room 206 had a bedroom directly over the massive HVAC units. It was hot in Huntsville the nights we stayed and that huge 10-ton unit made noise all night long - cycling on and off constantly. I turned the room air conditioning on with the fan on just to create some white noise to drown out the unit, to no avail. We returned too late in the evenings to want to switch rooms, but I was certain that after I addressed the situation twice, someone would have spoken with me about it. I've been in noisy hotel rooms before, but this was something else. Stay at the TPS with my hearty recommendation - but don't accept room 206 (or 106, I'm guessing) without hesitation.

2  Thank Adrienne M
Reviewed July 29, 2009

This place is a typical newer TPS like you can find anywhere, I don't think I would say there is anything "really nice" about it, cookie cutter chain suites hotel, but that's what I expected anyway. I would like if the finger prints were cleaned off the kitchen appliances though, I don't know why so many hotels housekeeping miss this obvious item to clean when appliances are involved. Okay area off busy road with a strip mall next door and restaurants you can walk to by crossing the busy 4 lane road. I'd have to say if I have to stay in northern alabama again I would try someplace else just because I'm always hoping to find that very well cleaned place, this wasn't quite on my mark, but adequate for people who aren't overly fussy on cleaning details like I am.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank eastcoastrocks
Reviewed July 25, 2009

Although we were only staying for one night as a stop-over to our final destination, we found this hotel to be very, very nice. Our two-bedroom suite was very clean, as was the entire hotel. I would definitely stay again, and if I were in need of an extended stay hotel, this would be among my favorites! Friendly staff and great location--this place was really nice!

Reviewed July 25, 2009

We stayed in the TonwePlace Suites with our 15 month old while on vacation. It is a beautiful hotel, and most importantly very, very clean so that our little one stayed clean while exploring on the floor! Very nice kitchen amenities, and excellent breakfast choices. This hotel is in a very good area, with new shopping/restaurants, etc. all around. We felt very safe here. Very modern, new hotel. Would definitely stay again, and recommend for families! Great value for the money we paid ($89/night)

1  Thank pnordin