“The Best Hotel Ever”

TownePlace Suites Huntsville
Ranked #31 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed June 26, 2009

My husband, Mother-in-law, our service dog, and I stayed in a two bedroom suite at this hotel for nearly two weeks over the Christmas holiday. We were visiting family and it was great to stay at this clean, modern, well laid out apartment type hotel. Although we spent lots of time at my sons home, we had enough room to invite all the family to our little townplace home for dinner and other get-togethers. All the staff was very accomodating and always pleasant. Hotel is in a great location right near shopping and restaurants. We LOVE this hotel. It was as good as being home--and that is darn good!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed June 1, 2009

Stayed here on business for two nights. Everything was perfect and zero complaints. The room was very clean and nice. The WiFi was free in the room. The staff was very curtious and helpful when making recommendations for dining in the area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank ctahaney
Reviewed April 19, 2009

The rooms were compact but utilized every inch of space. Many small details - like the bowed shower curtain - made the room top notch. small efficient kitchen. laundry $1 per wash. Right in the university drive area where there are many fine stores. I many times made mental notes on how to sell my house quickly (located in GA) so I could come back to Huntsville and stimulate the economy. It was my first week of work and I had no apartment or house to stay - one manager even printed the local apartments she thought might be something I would be interested in. And SO clean. The breakfast was continental and fresh - nothing stale. Two computers (one was in the lobby) for the business center. Free printing. I only wish they took pets on long stays. I would have skipped the apartment, stayed at Townplace, and leaped into house hunting.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank anne0003
Reviewed January 2, 2009

This is a new location and is pet friendly. The staff was helpful and courteous. They could not do enough to make our stay enjoyable. We needed a two bedroom suite which was very comfortable. The rooms are nicely decorated and have a small kitchenette including a refrigerator, microwave, dish washer sink and cooktop. The hotel provides a complimentary breakfast each morning along with a free copy of USA Today.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank firerock1
Reviewed August 29, 2008

Thankfully I only saw the opened condom when I was getting my things together to leave, if I had seen it when we checked in that would have created a crisis of confidence for me and at the very least made me change rooms, but always be looking over my shoulder, you know?

The whole stay I was sketchy on cleanliness issues, I think the hotel only comes off as somewhat clean because it is still relatively new, if they don't do a better job with cleaning it will surely be a run down place after a few more years, you know things like you could tell they don't wipe down the surfaces like the dining and side tables, let alone the handles on the kitchen appliances, places where germs live. Yes I am a person that spays lysol on the surface in hotels, so what, really, an open condom in plain view behind the bedroom dresser, that is definitely inexcusable.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
7  Thank mazeyday
Reviewed July 13, 2008

Just returned from Huntsville about an hour ago and couldn't wait to write this review. We reserved it online and were able to get the government rate of 75.00. The hotel is fairly new. I have to give thanks to Candace, who went above and beyond to help make our stay almost perfect. We moved from the room next to the elevator to Room 235. Note: this room was next to the pool and barbecue area. It didn't bother us because we were not in our room much during the day and the pool closes at 11:00, but when we were in the room, we could hear the kids playing and the adults talking. The hotel is next to a shopping center; actually all you have to do is walk across the road. I loved the decor in the room, the size and space in the room and the full size kitchen, with dishes and utensils. The hotel was full but yet so quite. We enjoyed the breakfast this morning. Loved it.

Dislikes - this hotel allows pets and it seemed as though each time I went to the elevator, the same lady was in with her dog. It's not that I don't like dogs, I scared of them, but I didn't know the dog was in the hotel until I saw it. I’m not sure if there’s a certain area for them or what, but it wasn’t a big thing.

If you're a light sleeper, stay on the 3rd floor. The people above us walked so so hard, but again it wasn't a big thing.

The sink area in the bathroom is small, but the storage area under the sinks makes up for the sink area.

I rate this hotel a 9+ out of 10. We visit Huntsville each and will stay next year.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank brownlol
Reviewed June 12, 2008

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel due to a work assignment in the area. It is new construction and everything about this facility is clean and well-maintained; the hotel staff is extremely professional and does an excellent job.

When I entered my room (Suite 336) I was amazed at the size of the room; I had a two-bedroom suite featuring a king size master bed and queen size bed in the second room. There is a living area equipped with a fold-out sofa and workstation. Each bedroom has a thermostat to adjust the temperature accordingly, as well as one for the living area. The room is also equipped with a kitchenette and dinette that seats four. LG LCD televisions are in each bedroom as well as the living area.

Wireless access is complimentary, but can be slow at times in the evenings. This hotel caters to business travelers, and it is very apparent we were all using the network at the same time. There is a workout room equipped with LifeFitness cardio machines that has 24-hour access. A guest laundry is also available for use, though I did not need to avail myself of it on this visit.

A complimentary breakfast is served in the morning. The dining options are confined primarily to carbs: waffles, danishes, bagels, and muffins dominate the selection. Juices, milk, and coffee are also available. A host made quick work of any dirtied tables in the breakfast room and ensured they were ready for later patrons.

The swimming pool is well-maintained and kept in exceptional shape. Most evenings I would come home to find families with children enjoying the water. There is ample seating around the pool for those opting not to swim but who still wish to enjoy the balmy Alabama summer night.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone. It has been an extremely pleasant stay with zero drawbacks. You may pay a bit more to stay here, but it is absolutely worth the investment.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business