“Comfortable inexpensive hotel suite”

TownePlace Suites Huntsville
Ranked #32 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Seattle, Washington
“Comfortable inexpensive hotel suite”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

If you are spending several days in the area and want to have a little extra room and maybe prepare a few meals in your room, TownePlace Suites is a good place to stay. This hotel has functional kitchenettes and decent beds. While not extra fancy, it is clean and well maintained. There is a small outdoor pool and there is plenty of shopping nearby.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Chad L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thanks so much for the kind words about your stay! I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us at TownePlace Suites Huntsville and hope that we will see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The hotel lobby was open and friendly. Check-in staff were friendly. Full Marriott breakfast. The room was large and bed was very comfortable. Large-screen TV could be seen from the desk or bed. Bathroom was large and the whole room was clean. We would stay there again when we return to Huntsville!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at TownePlace Suites Huntsville! Come back and see us again soon!
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I had had a horrible experience at a hotel I had stayed at the night before checking into this Marriott & not only did they make my check in easy & fast but they also sent off my receipts to my company for me & hand delivered them to my room when they were done!!! This was by far going above & beyond. Marriott's are my favorite, as I am an Elite Member & always enjoy staying with them no matter what state. Thank you Huntsville for going another extra mile.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind words about your stay at TownePlace Suites Huntsville! We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott as an Elite Member and if there is anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me. Have a great week!
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

My family of four stayed at this hotel while visiting relatives in Huntsville. We had one of the two bedroom suites which was comfortable enough. Location was good and was within walking distance of shopping and eateries.

The staff was friendly provided extra towels and coffee.

Breakfast ended at 9 during the week which tended to be a bit early with teenagers.

Nothing outstanding yet nothing bad. I considered it a good value for the money.

Stayed March 2014
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at TownePlace Suites Huntsville! I hope that you will join us again the next time you are in Huntsville. Please let me know if I can be of any help in the future. Have a great week!
eastern US
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed at this hotel while in the area for business in Februrary 2014.

The first problem started at check in. They were overbooked, so they moved on of the people in my group to a nearby hotel. He paid the highest rate for his reservation, but had to walk to the other hotel on a cold, wet night. That was not good.

The internet was slow. At night it was so slow that it was unusable.

The breakfast room was small. In the morning it was very crowded and hard to find a place to sit. The breakfast itself was nothing special, but adequate I guess.

The room was small - certainly not a suite. There was a small kitchen which would be nice for an extended stay. The bathroom was small also.

Parking was free, and the hotel is close to a main road with plenty of restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Chad L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Hello, my name is Chad Larson and I am the General Manager of TownePlace Suites Huntsville. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and for the inconvenience that was caused to your coworker. We do have several different room configurations available so perhaps one of our larger suites would be better suited for you in the future. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback as it is the most powerful tool we have for improvement.
Ozark, Alabama
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We had a death in our family and needed a place for three families to stay during the week. TownePlace Suites in Huntsville, AL helped us book the suites needed.
They were helpful with all our needs.
All rooms were clean and comfortable everyday. Breakfast was a big help for our families especially those with small children.
We also appreciated the TownePlace Suites for giving us better rate because of our situation.
I would recommend them to anyone in the Huntsville area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
RealLiving, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words. I am glad that we were able to make a difficult situation a little more comfortable for you. Our thoughts continue to be with you and your family during this time of loss.
Fort Rucker, Alabama
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I think I'd rate this more like three and a half, but it was about what I expected. It was clean, both the room and the dining area used for breakfast. Coffee and other hot beverages available around the clock. Not much of a lobby, though I don't usually spend much time in a lobby anyway. One community computer which was mostly used by someone's child who didn't have much else to do. The kitchen in my suite was more than adequate for a longer stay, but the lack of drawers and cabinets could result in keeping some stuff in your suitcase or the nightstands. I liked the two way access to the closet in my room. Huge work area for those who have to conduct business from their rooms, but I didn't like the positioning of the TV which was difficult to view fully from the bed. I hate to sound lazy, but I didn't like the fact that the front door doesn't automatically open; a pain if you're carrying a load. The bed was extremely comfortable. The room itself was not that large, much of the space was taken by the larger than normal kitchen and work area. The price was good and access to and from the main drag (University Drive) was not as difficult as some visitors have reported. Good location for light shopping and walking distance to several restaurants. It was quiet, and I never felt like walking after hours (or jogging) would have placed me at any type of personal risk. I might consider staying here again if on business, it's on par and in proximity with other places I've stayed at in Huntsville at that price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert O
RealLiving, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at our property. I am glad to hear that everything was satisfactory. I do hope that you will join us again on your next trip to Huntsville. If there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to reach out to me!