“Great stay at Towneplace!”

TownePlace Suites Huntsville
Ranked #31 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Madisonville, Tennessee
“Great stay at Towneplace!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Towneplace this week. Great, friendly staff (older gentlemen "Larry" was great at check in) and nice location. I was there on business travel, but would consider this as a place for my family to stay if the occasion leads me to Huntsville again.

Breakfast was basic, but fast and easy. Pool is small. But the room was nicely appointed and the bed was great. I slept great. I will be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank G4Vols
RealLiving, Manager at TownePlace Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words about your stay with us! I'm glad to hear you had a great experience. Larry is truly one of our shining stars! i appreciate your feedback regarding the breakfast. We are always looking for new ideas on how to improve and feedback from our guests is our #1 source for that information.

I am thrilled to hear you will be coming back to see us again! If there is ever anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Prattville, Alabama
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel on business trips 3 times and will continue to come back. The hotel is nicely decorated and I love the fully stocked kitchenette--everything you need to prepare, store, and eat your meals. Super comfortable bed, lots of storage space in the closet and extra drawers/shelving throughout. The staff are nice and pretty attentive (especially the older white-haired gentleman). The breakfast is basic but good enough to grab and go, and the fitness room is decent (one treadmill, one bike, one elliptical). The location is fabulous!! Walking distance to Super Target and lots of shopping and restaurants. Only an exit or two from the Bridge Street outdoor mall. Only an exit or 2 from the Space and Rocket Center.

Room Tip: Try for a pool view rather than the view of the side of the other hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RealLiving, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for the kind words! It's always nice to hear from our "raving fans!" Come back and see us again soon. If there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Had to leave the exhaust fan on all night in the bathroom because cigarette smoke was coming in to room thru vent in middle of night. No food at night like residence inn. GPS had me drive thru a parking lot at a mall to get to the hotel because no left turn off hwy 72 to the road where the hotel was. No indoor pool.

• Stayed March 2013
RealLiving, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I apologize about the cigarette smoke entering your room. We have set up our smoking areas in locations that are least likely to allow smoke to get into the intake area of the air conditioning in our guest suites, but we can't always control where our guests smoke.

As far as the GPS goes, there is actually a left turn off of University on to McMurtrie drive, just past the shopping center that you came through to get to the hotel. Different models of GPS units seem to give differing directions on how to get to our property.

I am glad that most of your experience was positive and I hope you'll come and stay with us again soon!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Can't say enough nice things about the young lady who checked me and my partner in. I'm not gonna forgive myself for forgetting her name but we talked about her daughter, how much she enjoyed working for Marriott, etc. hotel was spotless.
We overslept and ended up running a few minutes late past check out, but housekeeping took it in stride and laughed with us as we darted out.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you so much! The lady you spoke with at the front desk is Ashauna, our Guest Services Manager. I am so glad to hear that you had a great stay with us! Late checkouts happen, and I'm glad that we were able to accomodate you painlessly! Come back and see us again on your next visit to Huntsville.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is an excellent choice when coming to Huntsville or Redstone Arsnenal. For Marriott Club Members, it is better value than the nearby Residence Inn or Fairfield Inn. Being cheaper than the older Residence and more ammenities than the older Fairfield. It is located adjacent to a shopping mall with many major clothing stores and a Target. Walking distance to several sit down and fast food restaurants. There is an outdoor pool, a small fitness center. The suites are ample and reasonably up-to-date. Breakfast is as you might expect in this class. As a bonus for the kiddies they had chocolate milk during my stay. Staff is very fireindly and accomodating. They had no difficulty with my 8:00 AM arrival. If you are not familar with the area you might have trouble going west on Hwy 72. Just enter and exit through the Target shopping center parking lot where there is a traffic light.

Room Tip: No problems with noise in any room as the hotel is off the man drag by a block.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've been staying at this hotel since April 2012 and up until that time the location, staff, accommodations were awesome. I never had a problem and always looked forward to coming back. However, all that changed in August 2012, when I was given RM212. I have NEVER stayed in this room before and I should have known better not to have stayed in this room because when I first got inside, the toilet seat was broken. The staff was prompt and fixed this issue, however all hell broke loose when I found bed bugs 2 days later. This was a very disgusting and anxiety-filled experience for which the hotel staff did refund my money for the entire visit. Yet, I do NOT plan on returning to this location!

Room Tip: Every room isn't horrible, but please do yourself a favor and be sure to check your room thoroug...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank SoSoulfull
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 8, 2012

For whatever reason, prices are highly variable. At times this hotel is a good value and at other times it jumps another $20 to $30 per night in price -- making it rather expensive for what it is.

When the prices are lower, however, it's definitely where I'd want to stay in the Huntsville area. It's along University, which is convenient to many parts of Huntsville. Rooms are clean and it is well-managed. The breakfast is less extensive than some other hotels, but they do have a waffle maker that helps make up for the shortcomings. Also, the fact that even the smaller rooms have a stove means that it's very easy to go buy some eggs at the Super Target next door that you can scramble or fry up for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business