All reviewsbedroom suitefull kitchenshopping and restaurantshousekeeping stafffitness room ispull out bedweek staybeds were very comfortableper nightnight's sleepspace centerwafflesthe room was nicefirst floorrefrigeratorstovetreadmill
Reviewed July 11, 2011

One thing I noticed and loved about this hotel was that the staff is very friendly and welcoming. Every time I saw a staff member, they greeted me with a smile. They were extremely helpful when I had a request as well.

The studio suite I stayed in was small for a suite, but that is to be expected as a studio. It was very nice and the bed was pretty comfortable. I had no issues with anything. I stayed in a studio with a king and a studio with two doubles, and the one with two doubles was bigger and the kitchen had an oven, whereas the other only had a stovetop, dishwasher, sink and refrigerator (which was a decent size).

The location was perfect; just off University and within walking distance of a Super Target. It is on a small side street though so it is a quiet location. The pool was small but it was rarely busy, even when I went on the weekends.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay here. Everything I could possibly need was all in my room. i felt like I was at home. There was a kitchen, roomy desk area, plenty of closet space. The way it was laid out reminded me of Ikea because of how smart they utilized the space. In addition, the property is right in the heart of where many restuarants and stores are so if you forget something, there are many places nearby you can grab what you need.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the highest floor
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I was impressed with the Towneplace Suites when we arrived. The staff at check-in were friendly and knowledgable. The rooms were clean and appeared new. The hotel is located in a busy commercial area with plenty of restaurants from which to choose, as well as a Target within a half mile from the hotel.
We were there for only one night, and I'll have to admit that sleep quality wasn't the greatest. Thunderstorms kept me from sleeping soundly , and then the people in the room above us made so much noise that it sounded like a herd of elephants from 6 am onwards. I would strongly recommend requesting a room on a high floor, so that you don't have to deal with this kind of problem. We were in one of the 2-bedroom suites on the ground floor.
We stayed in Huntsville so that we could take the kids to see the U.S. Space and Rocket Center. The hotel is about a 15 minute drive away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy C
Reviewed May 23, 2011

It’s very posh and situated at a good place. Rooms are good and very clean. Housekeeping is done regularly. There is a small kitchen in the room. I stayed there for 12 days and could easily manage cooking. There are stores around for getting all necessary stuff. Room service and laundry facilities are very good. One can enjoy swimming anytime in a day. There was internet facility in the rooms which is indeed very helpful. Bathing products like shampoo, bath gel and body lotion are provided every day. The stay was very convenient and enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank masny
Reviewed April 5, 2011

When arriving, the desk clerk never acknowledged my presence even after I spoke to her. She took my credit card, AAA, and Marriott card. She entered the information and handed them back to me. Once, she was ready to speak, she spoke so fast I had to ask her to slow down so I could understand what she was saying. There was no ice in the frig or on the third floor. You have to go to the lobby to get ice. Breakfast was basic. Room was small and the TV was in an odd placement. Would not recommend, nor would I stay there again. Finally, it was terribly overpriced for what you receive.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo