All reviews bedroom suite housekeeping staff social hour pull out bed week stay work space workout room the room was nice space and rocket center first floor space camp refrigerator stove roomy sheets laundry hurricane
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I was impressed with the Towneplace Suites when we arrived. The staff at check-in were friendly and knowledgable. The rooms were clean and appeared new. The hotel is located in a busy commercial area with plenty of restaurants from which to choose, as well as a Target within a half mile from the hotel.
We were there for only one night, and I'll have to admit that sleep quality wasn't the greatest. Thunderstorms kept me from sleeping soundly , and then the people in the room above us made so much noise that it sounded like a herd of elephants from 6 am onwards. I would strongly recommend requesting a room on a high floor, so that you don't have to deal with this kind of problem. We were in one of the 2-bedroom suites on the ground floor.
We stayed in Huntsville so that we could take the kids to see the U.S. Space and Rocket Center. The hotel is about a 15 minute drive away.

Room tip: Ask for a room on a high floor.
Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank cull_family
Reviewed May 23, 2011

It’s very posh and situated at a good place. Rooms are good and very clean. Housekeeping is done regularly. There is a small kitchen in the room. I stayed there for 12 days and could easily manage cooking. There are stores around for getting all necessary stuff. Room service and laundry facilities are very good. One can enjoy swimming anytime in a day. There was internet facility in the rooms which is indeed very helpful. Bathing products like shampoo, bath gel and body lotion are provided every day. The stay was very convenient and enjoyable.

Date of stay: August 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank masny
Reviewed April 5, 2011

When arriving, the desk clerk never acknowledged my presence even after I spoke to her. She took my credit card, AAA, and Marriott card. She entered the information and handed them back to me. Once, she was ready to speak, she spoke so fast I had to ask her to slow down so I could understand what she was saying. There was no ice in the frig or on the third floor. You have to go to the lobby to get ice. Breakfast was basic. Room was small and the TV was in an odd placement. Would not recommend, nor would I stay there again. Finally, it was terribly overpriced for what you receive.

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank honeybunch612
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Great for business visits. Had everything that I wanted during my 1 week stay. Close to many tech companies in Huntsville, so getting about was also quite simple. The large shopping area adjacent to the hotel was also quite useful to buy a few gifts for the folks at home.

Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank inabox76
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Great staff, clean rooms, and excellent location. Free internet, but had issues connecting via wireless after 5pm due to folks returning from work. I was in room 115 so the early mornings were filled with lots of door slams and people talking which made it difficult to sleep.

Date of stay: January 2011