WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #17 of 54 Hotels in Huntsville
Irondale, Alabama, United States
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had a great stay at this hotel it is next to the Space and Rocket Center and is a short drive to two mall (Park place and Bridge street) about 3 mile. The hotel was very friendy and the restuarant was good. The food was a little over priced but good.

Room Tip: We booked with Priceline (unpublished rates) got a good rate about half off. Huntsville only has 2...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank William M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Houston, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I ended up driving to Huntsville to handle some personal business and bid on Priceline for this hotel at $55/night. I arrived and the hotel front desk area was under construction and the front desk agents were slightly less than happy to see me. They seemed to be friendlier with each other behind the desk than to this paying customer.

The room was not anything spectacular, but it was clean, comfortable and met all the specs of a traditional Marriott hotel. I also noticed that there were 2 restaurants on site and within 1.5 miles of an area with major eateries. There is more than adequate free parking in the front of the hotel. The hotel was fairly quite during the night and the window curtains definitely kept it room blacked out.

The only bad experience was the initial contact with the hotel staff. Come to think about it, I didn't even get a smile from the agents that night. Where is the southern hospitality!?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We recently spent a weekend in Huntsville and stayed at the Marriott. This is an older property, but it was clean, and convenient to the US Space and Rocket Center (they share the same property).

We really did not explore the property, but it does have both an indoor and outdoor pool, a bar, full restaurant and conference facilities.

We had absolutely no issues during our stay. The staff was friendly, courteous and efficient.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room facing the Space and Rocket Center.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

The best aspect of this Marriott is its proximity to the Space and Rocket Center. It is right next door! As a hotel, it is a standard Marriott with above average friendliness. The rooms are clean and of a good size. I had an upper floor room and it was very quiet, which is certainly not always the case when I stay at hotels. The staff were great and very welcoming. Lots of southern friendliness. I would be happy to stay here again on my next trip to Huntsville.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We chose this hotel because of the proximity to both the Space and Rocket Center and the Space and Rocket Center Campground. There was a large conference of the Alabama Jailer's Association going on when we were there, and when we noticed their hospitality suite was directly across from our room, I feared noise would be an issue. They seemed to have a large gathering in the hallways and 7th floor elevator area, and several men blocked the hallway and our door. However, they were polite and moved out of our way, and the noise issue was minimal. By 11pm, they had quieted down considerably.

The hotel was clean, and the rooms were decorated simply and tastefully. Like the previous reviewer, we weren't too fond of the in-room coffee making (our coffee maker was kind of dirty, too). They brought the requested roll-away promptly and set it up. Breakfast in the morning was good, and service was pleasant and attentive.

The pool area was small, but was great! It isn't the most modern and up-to-date of pool areas, but the pool was clean and the water wonderfully warm. The jacuzzi was also clean and perfect temperature. The sauna was set to low, but warmed nicely when turned up. A few more chairs would have been nice in the pool area, as it became quite crowded with people tossing their belongings on the floors.

The fitness center was well-equipped and clean as well.

My only big complaint is that Marriott contracts exclusively with Pepsi. Yuck! A machine with Coke products would have been an awesome and welcome addition.

Even with the lobby under renovation at the time, the staff were pleasant and efficient.

Room Tip: If there is a convention going on, ask to be far away from their hospitality suite if it bothers you...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Maryville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to the Space and Rocket Center. The lobby was underconstruction, so I cannot reliably tell you much about that. When we checked in there was a slight wait, but the staff was friendly and helpful. I was surprised that the hotel does not offer free wi-fi. They charge $10 a night for wi-fi, and you cannot bring your own lan cable (there are no lan connections in the rooms). They did offer us a coupon for one free night, a bottle of water or a $3 discount in the gift shop.

The room we were in was nicely decorated and appointed, if on the smallish side - no complaints. The beds are comfortable, but their is no lightweight blanket on the bed, so I got hot the first night we were there.

We used room service for dinner and thought it was great. It was fast, fresh and did not cost an arm and a leg. The room service staff was excellent!

We ate breakfast downstairs, and although the restaurant staff was super friendly and attentive, I thought it was way over-priced. This hotel is in Huntsville, not NYC. Over $40 for two adults and one child for breakfast is way too pricey. The breakfast was fine but nothing special. Free Hampton waffles are yummier.

One small ammenity that we were disappointed with - the in-room coffee was beyond terrible. So we tried the lobby coffee and it was still terrible. Something small, I know but vital for coffee drinkers. You can purchase a cup of freshly brewed Starbucks (stored in a caraffe) in the gift shop. That was much better, but not complimentary.

Overall, it was fine, but I would not choose this hotel again. If you are on a per diem, choose this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to my business meeting and I was only there for one night. I was really surprised when I saw the hotel from the outside because I'm so used to seeing Marriott hotels more updated but the interior didn't seem as outdated and the room that I got appeared to have been renovated and was clean. I got food to go from the restaurant downstairs and it was just okay but I was too tired to go out. Room service was available as well if needed. The staff was really very nice and helpful.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business