Huntsville Marriott at the Space & Rocket Center
$98
Hampton.com
Clarion Inn(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
$75
Quality Inn & Suites Huntsville(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
$72
$95
$131
$110
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $129/night.

All reviewsspace campthe concierge loungem clubspace rocket centerbit datedindoor outdoor poollobby baran older hotelcommon areasbreakfast buffetup to datebusiness tripstaff was very friendly and helpfulbridge streetoatmealnasaconference
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We chose this hotel because of the proximity to both the Space and Rocket Center and the Space and Rocket Center Campground. There was a large conference of the Alabama Jailer's Association going on when we were there, and when we noticed their hospitality suite was directly across from our room, I feared noise would be an issue. They seemed to have a large gathering in the hallways and 7th floor elevator area, and several men blocked the hallway and our door. However, they were polite and moved out of our way, and the noise issue was minimal. By 11pm, they had quieted down considerably.

The hotel was clean, and the rooms were decorated simply and tastefully. Like the previous reviewer, we weren't too fond of the in-room coffee making (our coffee maker was kind of dirty, too). They brought the requested roll-away promptly and set it up. Breakfast in the morning was good, and service was pleasant and attentive.

The pool area was small, but was great! It isn't the most modern and up-to-date of pool areas, but the pool was clean and the water wonderfully warm. The jacuzzi was also clean and perfect temperature. The sauna was set to low, but warmed nicely when turned up. A few more chairs would have been nice in the pool area, as it became quite crowded with people tossing their belongings on the floors.

The fitness center was well-equipped and clean as well.

My only big complaint is that Marriott contracts exclusively with Pepsi. Yuck! A machine with Coke products would have been an awesome and welcome addition.

Even with the lobby under renovation at the time, the staff were pleasant and efficient.

Room Tip: If there is a convention going on, ask to be far away from their hospitality suite if it bothers you to have lots of people milling about outside your room. You may also want to request a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to the Space and Rocket Center. The lobby was underconstruction, so I cannot reliably tell you much about that. When we checked in there was a slight wait, but the staff was friendly and helpful. I was surprised that the hotel does not offer free wi-fi. They charge $10 a night for wi-fi, and you cannot bring your own lan cable (there are no lan connections in the rooms). They did offer us a coupon for one free night, a bottle of water or a $3 discount in the gift shop.

The room we were in was nicely decorated and appointed, if on the smallish side - no complaints. The beds are comfortable, but their is no lightweight blanket on the bed, so I got hot the first night we were there.

We used room service for dinner and thought it was great. It was fast, fresh and did not cost an arm and a leg. The room service staff was excellent!

We ate breakfast downstairs, and although the restaurant staff was super friendly and attentive, I thought it was way over-priced. This hotel is in Huntsville, not NYC. Over $40 for two adults and one child for breakfast is way too pricey. The breakfast was fine but nothing special. Free Hampton waffles are yummier.

One small ammenity that we were disappointed with - the in-room coffee was beyond terrible. So we tried the lobby coffee and it was still terrible. Something small, I know but vital for coffee drinkers. You can purchase a cup of freshly brewed Starbucks (stored in a caraffe) in the gift shop. That was much better, but not complimentary.

Overall, it was fine, but I would not choose this hotel again. If you are on a per diem, choose this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to my business meeting and I was only there for one night. I was really surprised when I saw the hotel from the outside because I'm so used to seeing Marriott hotels more updated but the interior didn't seem as outdated and the room that I got appeared to have been renovated and was clean. I got food to go from the restaurant downstairs and it was just okay but I was too tired to go out. Room service was available as well if needed. The staff was really very nice and helpful.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was a perfect place for us. It's walking distance from our location, it was very nice, clean and affordable. The rooms were extremely nice and the beds were very comfortable. The indoor pool was perfect for the kids and the staff was extremely courteous and catered to our needs. I will stay here every time I come to Huntsville.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank FamilyTravelers1234
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed for 1 night on a business visit - arrived at hotel 10pm (a short drive from airport, and easy to find), left 9am. Staff friendly and checkin/out efficient. General decor was dated - looks to be in need of refurbishment. Other than that it is a typical Marriott. I didn't use restaurants, but ate breakfast in exec lounge - usual selection of dishes, though room is quite small, and could get crowded?

Would I return - possibly as I am a Marriott Rewards member, but will research other hotels in area first.

Room Tip: High floor in tower
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business