“Needs a lot of cleaning” 2 of 5 stars

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #40 of 55 Hotels in Huntsville
Gainesville, Georgia
“Needs a lot of cleaning”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I wasn't planning on staying in Huntsville, but I ran out of time and had to park my big rig for the night. I booked this room for the current promotion by choice. The check in staff was pleasant and dry, but an ok guy. The room, however, wasn't so great. Obviously hasn't been cleaned in quite a while. Granted, room 220 is a smoking room, but come on. Dirty walls, lamp shades,and some kind of funky smudge on windows and mirrors. Bed was mildly comfortable.
I always judge a room by the bed and the shower first, and the shower in this room was good, however, the light in the bathroom didn't work (heat lamp did work). Breakfast was average for Choice properties. I don't think I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: There are better locations in Huntsville.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank cah3295

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

This Hotel was easy to find and located in a area that you could get to the different shopping areas with any problems. Only thing that I would say is that the refrigrator top portion got cold the bottom stayed kind of warm. However the ice machine is located in a central area. I will stay at this Hotel again. They kept towel and made sure we had everything that we needed.
REV.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank MichaelS729
ocean springs, ms
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

Clean room. Clean bathroom. Okay for fifty $. Wouldn't pay more. Don't like the part of town at all. Compared to the rest of huntsville its in the slums.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank sheilayvonne
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

I used to stay at this motel several times a year while in Huntsville for business. It was economical, and though it seemed a bit old and grimy, it was a decent stay. That being said, I did not appreciate the slew of off-color jokes a gentleman working the front desk proliferated, and neither did I enjoy one instance when I was left standing outside the locked hotel front door for several minutes trying to check in, only to find that the night clerk was asleep! The incident that pushed me over the edge had to do with discarded property, and how my claim was handled. Almost a year ago, an expensive item was discarded from my hotel room during a routine house keeping session. The general manager handled the situation with such negligence that I was never able to search the trash before it was picked up, though I notified the front desk hours before it was hauled off. Despite my repeated communications, the hotel never entertained my concerns, took responsibility for their actions, considered my claim, or reimbursed me for my substantial loss. I will certainly never stay here again, or any other property owned by Silver Blanket, Inc., and I am truly disheartened with Choice Hotels International, as well, as their hotel certainly did not uphold their Mission of exceptional service and guest satisfaction.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank LadyJ24
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

The location of this motel is terrible. It's right next to a teenage night club with pounding music. The room was well furnished but cleanliness is questionable. I suspect there may be a bedbug problem. I awoke with mysterious itchy bumps on my back. Rowdies, drunks, and pool patrons congregated at the pool splashing and frolicking until the late night hours.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank pathe3
Lemont, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

Front desk was courteous upon check-in. When I arrived at my room, I discovered it was not a "preferred location" which was unusual considering reservations were very light that evening. I was exhausted from a long trip and did not request a room change. Second floor location, had to park on other side of building, access was very poor. Found myself worrying about my car all night, which I could not see. The room was below my expectations. Bedding appeared "worn" and bathroom was dirty. Tub drain very slow. Located in a "hotel zone", I passed it twice before finding it. Would not revisit.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank ruffled1
Aussie in London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2009

This was a perfectly adequate venue for a quick, overnight stay. The room was tidy and the in-room coffee bar was well appointed. The bathroom also had a strong, hot shower. The breakfast room was a standard affair but more than adequate for a quick meal. I particularly liked the hard-boiled eggs on offer. This was a simple touch that gave the breakfast a little more variety than the standard waffle and bagel affair. Management was friendly and helpful in resolving an inadvertent billing error which I genuinely appreciated. I'd use this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo