“Worth it because of their holiday rate...”

Courtyard Huntsville University Drive
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed November 25, 2010

We traveled to Huntsville for Thanksgiving and needed a place to stay for the night. Upon realizing that Marriott was offering a special "holiday rate" of $79.90 for one night stays, I immediately booked a room because of past stays at Marriott hotels. They are a dependable, not flashy or over-done, chain but normally a little over-priced in a mid-sized town. This one was no exception; everything was clean and neat and the employee at the front desk was very friendly. The only negative thing I have to say is that the pillows are much too small and squishy, but they do try to rectify this by providing 5.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rpennington
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Huntsville University Drive

Reviewed October 1, 2010

Had a little trouble getting accurate directions from the staff in route to the hotel. I'm usually more prepared with pre-printed directions, but I called while driving from the aiport (only about 10 minutes away and a very direct route.) There was some training going on, new emloyees, but after circular navigation found the hotel. Once there the staff was very friendly, lots of smiles an very helpful with check-in. Breakfast is typical for a Courtyard and fresh. Room was quiet. Internet speed was a little slow. Convenient location to down-town or various highways. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Huntsville.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank redfish777
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We have family in Huntsville, AL and have stayed here twice.
Once in Feb 2010 and again in May 2010. The hotel is clean and staff is friendly.

When we stayed in February we were awoken at 3a.m by a fire alarm, which is why I give it 4 stars. We all had to get out of the hotel room with 2 young kids which was very inconveniencing. They said it was someone smoking that started the alarm, I guess in one of the rooms.

This time in May I was rather skeptical about staying here but it was pretty uneventful.
The breakfast is great with all the usual, eggs, bacon, sausage its not free costs about $10 for adult, my 4 year old got it free which was okay as he only had a bowl of cereal.

I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank tinsle
Reviewed July 1, 2010

My biggest disappointment was that they do not serve a free continental breakfast. They charge $10.95 for an American breakfast! The Hilton Garden Inn, which is only a few minutes from this hotel, charges $8.95 for an American breakfast and $5.95 for a continental one, and it has higher reviews. Other hotels on University Drive, that charge similarly for a one-night stay, serve a free continental breakfast. The freezer section of our refrigerator was caked with ice crystals. There was no microwave in the room. The Hilton Garden Inn has a microwave in every room. No, I don't work for Hilton. I just compared different hotels after my stay here and found I could have done better. The curtains on the sliding glass window were hanging off the hooks in places, as was the shower curtain. The bathroom does not have an exhaust fan, which has caused the paint on the ceiling to peel and requires you to leave the bathroom door open during your shower. The coffee maker makes one cup at a time - delivered into a Styrofoam cup. There were no tea bags for those who do not drink coffee. I went downstairs to check out the complimentary coffee station, but it only had decaf coffee and no napkins. I asked the desk staff several questions during my stay and they mostly looked at me as if I had just landed on earth. Ok, now for something nice. The maid service was 'good'. As usual, the maid was over-worked. She did an adequate job keeping my room tidy. The pool appeared pretty and well-kept. Didn't try out the hot tub or pool. The television was fine and had a good selection of stations. Overall there is a feeling of depression at this hotel. The employees were not excited to see the guests. If I need to stay in Huntsville again, I will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CatSilver
Reviewed May 15, 2010

I stayed here for one night during a business trip to Huntsville. The Marriott Courtyard Huntsville was very comfortable, good service at check-in, internet connection was very good (free) and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Virgin Island Traveler
Reviewed April 5, 2010

I truly enjoyed my stay with friends at the Courtyard by Marriott Huntsville during the Easter holiday. The Front Desk Lead, Erin Robertson was soooo gracious when we arrived. Our flight got in early and we were not sure if we could check in at 10 am on a holiday weekend. I had reserved 2 Queens beds and it was not available until later that day, but they were able to place us in a room with 2 Double beds right away. This was great because we were traveling early and was a little tired.

The hotel is located in a GREAT location. It's near lot's of restaurants and the main highways.

The hotel is nice and clean and the breakfast selection was good. Parking was convenient and FREE. Did I mention FREE? So was the wired internet. That was a nice plus.

I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Xquizit
Reviewed December 9, 2008

One of the worst customer service and check-in experiences I've ever had. Long story short was that my room was not ready until after 5pm (check-in at 3). According to the Manager on Duty, the Sales staff permitted previous night guests to check out at 5pm, when they were fully booked for the next night AND cleaning crew was set to depart at 4pm. Later, counter staff could not have been more rude and unprofessional towards our group. I witnessed some of this and was speechless at the tone and complete disregard for their customers. Attendant was downright snotty and angry that we interrupted her TV watching. Ants had taken over the 3rd floor. New visiting Manager was very nice and apologetic, but was only there a short time. He indicated that this particular hotel is in turmoil, but that problems were being addressed. I won't stay again, but give it some time and perhaps some new personnel and training will do the trick. On the upside, rooms were otherwise nice as were the grounds. Breakfast was OK, and that staff was very good. Not typical of my Marriott experiences.

• Stayed: December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Minivantraveler