“Friendly Staff; updated, clean hotel”

Courtyard Huntsville University Drive
Ranked #20 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Friendly Staff; updated, clean hotel”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

No problems finding the hotel, checking in, internet service or anything. Made for easy and enjoyable travel. We stayed here when they were very full, yet when we needed extra pillows for our pullout bed, they immediately brought them. The housekeeping did a great job and even left some inspirational quotes and candy on the kids' pillows!
Not a free breakfast; but still a good value. This is why we ranked it a four and not a five.

Room Tip: Suite was nice; marginally better than regular rooms. Only $40 more than regular room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Myromy
Maisha B, General Manager at Courtyard Huntsville University Drive, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott - Huntsville. Your business is very important to us and receiving follow-up from our guests with great comments like yours help keep our team motivated to provide the very best service possible.

Again, thank you and we hope that we may be permitted to serve you again in the future.

Maisha Blaine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Dallas, Georgia, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I chose Marriott for business 1 week training trip. I enjoyed the food services and gym. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. It was convenient to the Federal Government OPM training center. I plan to stay there for future business trips.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about your stay with us at the Huntsville Courtyard by Marriott. We strive to provide our guests with the best in lodging, amenities and above all service. I will share your feedback with the team. We look forward to being of service on your next visit to Alabama. Thank you for choosing Marriott
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed in the Huntsville Courtyard by Marriott on the first night of our trip from NW Indiana to Gulf Shores, Alabama.

We arrived around 9:30 p.m. very tired and ready for a good night's sleep - which is exactly what we got.

Upon arrival they had a contest going, so they asked me to spin a wheel for prizes. I ended up with 1,000 extra points added to my Marriott Rewards Program.

This facility is a standard Courtyard in design and layout. While not overly exciting in decor, it was clean, tasteful and comfortable. The beds were extremely comfortable, and we had a good sleep. Because this was a Courtyard, breakfast was not included. We choose to eat our own breakfast from items we had in a cooler to keep us from withering away during our trip! I believe there was an area where you could purchase a breakfast - not sure to what standards.

I was able to make coffee for us in the room, but the unit had a little leak. I don't know if that was my fault in preparation or if the unit was leaking, so I let the front desk know in case it was a problem with the unit. They were so gracious and friendly. The lady at the front desk immediately took me over to the coffee area where, I believe, they were serving Starbucks coffee and said that we should have some coffee as we shouldn't miss out on our morning coffee. Her genuine, helpful attitude was so uplifting - a great way to start the day. Of course, there was no charge for the coffee. (Not sure, but I believe there would have been a charge otherwise.)

We also used the exercise facilities in the morning to try to avoid the onslaught of too many additional pounds from eating during vacation.

I am giving this four stars for value, because I would like to see a complimentary breakfast included at this price.

All in all a great stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed February 12, 2013

A standard Courtyard in décor and layout. It is relatively well located in Huntsville (about halfway between downtown and Redstone). The staff was extremely friendly and helpful…they typified southern hospitality. I had dinner at their café (a Caesar salad and turkey Rueben), both were excellent. It made my dinning in choice a good one. The water pressure in the room was outstanding. They also offer a good Government rate.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BLT1991
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Visited Huntsville Nov. 2- 4. Upon arrival, I was told that I was the guest of the day. I received a bag of goodies and 500 reward points. That was really neat! The room was clean and more modern than most hotels. The young man at the front desk, Stephen, was truly a bright spot at this hotel. I traveled with 3 other companions. One shared a room with me and the other two shared a room. My friends had no problem with their room but I returned Saturday evening to find a room that had not been touched by housekeeping. I didn't care about the beds, just needed clean towels. There were two members of the cleaning staff on the floor but neither could provide an answer as to why our room was missed. One stated that another staff member was responsible for the room. Someone finally brought towels, but she only brought bath towels and hand towels. We did not receive clean face towels. The towels in the hotel were thin and rough. It had been several years since I stayed at a Courtyard, but I thought the towels to be a cheap brand for this hotel. . I was disappointed that the hotel did not offer continental breakfast nor were there vending machines on the floor. I guess this must be the future for most hotels. What bothered me is that the Bistro menu handed to me at checkin did not list the food prices. A very limited marketplace with overpriced items was available. Most vending machines have a better selection and lower prices. Since this is considered a mid level hotel, I guess vending machines would not be appropriate. There was a plus- free freshly popped popcorn! I also left a phone charger in the room. Called about it the next day, but it was not found in the room or lost and found. No one had stayed in the room since I checked out.
Overall, for the price, I guess the hotel was a bargain, especially since it carries the Marriott name. Maybe what happened to me was not the norm. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. The outstanding front staff made up for all the other problems. I also received an apology email from the assistant manager. Her concern and the added reward points was appreciated. I rated this hotel very good because of the staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ann7714
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed four nights and were very impressed with the hotel, especially it's staff. All were very helpful and friendly - like being among good friends. The rooms and lobby were very neat and clean. Of particular note were Billy Bell and front desk clerk Cordele. The friendliness of these two gentlemen alone will bring us back to this location. They are both excellent ambassadors of the state of Alabama!

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Came to huntsville on business and the company pre-booked me into this hotel. You can see that money has been spent on the foyer as it looks all new and modern, just a shame the same couldn't be said for the rooms. They are just looking a bit tired and could do with an update. Service was excellent and the staff were very friendly. I'll be coming agin, will have to wait and see if there is any change.

• Stayed October 2012