“Centrally located and a nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Huntsville University Drive

Courtyard Huntsville University Drive
Ranked #19 of 55 Hotels in Huntsville
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Centrally located and a nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

A standard Courtyard in décor and layout. It is relatively well located in Huntsville (about halfway between downtown and Redstone). The staff was extremely friendly and helpful…they typified southern hospitality. I had dinner at their café (a Caesar salad and turkey Rueben), both were excellent. It made my dinning in choice a good one. The water pressure in the room was outstanding. They also offer a good Government rate.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BLT1991

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Visited Huntsville Nov. 2- 4. Upon arrival, I was told that I was the guest of the day. I received a bag of goodies and 500 reward points. That was really neat! The room was clean and more modern than most hotels. The young man at the front desk, Stephen, was truly a bright spot at this hotel. I traveled with 3 other companions. One shared a room with me and the other two shared a room. My friends had no problem with their room but I returned Saturday evening to find a room that had not been touched by housekeeping. I didn't care about the beds, just needed clean towels. There were two members of the cleaning staff on the floor but neither could provide an answer as to why our room was missed. One stated that another staff member was responsible for the room. Someone finally brought towels, but she only brought bath towels and hand towels. We did not receive clean face towels. The towels in the hotel were thin and rough. It had been several years since I stayed at a Courtyard, but I thought the towels to be a cheap brand for this hotel. . I was disappointed that the hotel did not offer continental breakfast nor were there vending machines on the floor. I guess this must be the future for most hotels. What bothered me is that the Bistro menu handed to me at checkin did not list the food prices. A very limited marketplace with overpriced items was available. Most vending machines have a better selection and lower prices. Since this is considered a mid level hotel, I guess vending machines would not be appropriate. There was a plus- free freshly popped popcorn! I also left a phone charger in the room. Called about it the next day, but it was not found in the room or lost and found. No one had stayed in the room since I checked out.
Overall, for the price, I guess the hotel was a bargain, especially since it carries the Marriott name. Maybe what happened to me was not the norm. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. The outstanding front staff made up for all the other problems. I also received an apology email from the assistant manager. Her concern and the added reward points was appreciated. I rated this hotel very good because of the staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Ann7714
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed four nights and were very impressed with the hotel, especially it's staff. All were very helpful and friendly - like being among good friends. The rooms and lobby were very neat and clean. Of particular note were Billy Bell and front desk clerk Cordele. The friendliness of these two gentlemen alone will bring us back to this location. They are both excellent ambassadors of the state of Alabama!

• Stayed October 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Came to huntsville on business and the company pre-booked me into this hotel. You can see that money has been spent on the foyer as it looks all new and modern, just a shame the same couldn't be said for the rooms. They are just looking a bit tired and could do with an update. Service was excellent and the staff were very friendly. I'll be coming agin, will have to wait and see if there is any change.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Stuart R
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Before I arrived the manager sent me a welcome email that contained great advice about finding the hotel. You get to it about a half a mile before the GPS says you are there and the entrance is tucked away between Pizza Hut and Pier One. If you are looking for it you will see the Courtyard sign and no problem to find. Not sure how easy it would have been without that advice. I later learned the hotel was built first and the other two places came later. So, off to a great start and it stayed that way. Lobby just renovated and very nice. Relaxed in the lobby for awhile after checking in my room, it was Happy Hour. Had breakfast the next morning in the lobby with a free cup of Starbuck's. Nice sized pool and deck area in the courtyard area of the hotel, I think this is the older design but one I really like. Rooms large and quiet. Bed comfortable. Internet service fast. The location was halfway between my two business destinations so it worked out great. About 15 minutes to the airport. Many restaurants and shopping areas within a short drive and perhaps walkable if it was not such a busy busy highway. University Drive is five lanes, not a drive. Good price, great stay and would definitely return. I think it might be an older property and if so it is well maintained and very clean. Great staff at check-in, check-out, at the bar and at breakfast. Oh yes, the rooms had balconies, so nice and so rare to see anymore.

Room Tip: I like the rooms over the pool area but had one on the outside of the building and still enjoyed the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sometrip
Martin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is one of the best Hotels I have ever stayed in. Everything was great. The pictures are just what everything looks like. So many times the hotels are a lot older and run down than the pictures. Not true here. Will stay here again and encourage others to do so!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Rancho Cordova, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

At first glance, this is your typical Marriott Courtyard - what you would expect, clean, well cared for, comfortable, nicely priced - the basics you'd expect from the Marriott folks. And then there is the staff. Holy cow (and I mean that in the nicest way)!! We could not believe the attention we received - we were treated like rock stars. Seriously, every need was met with a smile and immediate attention. Even when we didn't request or need something, the entire staff - from the manager to housekeeping always asked if we needed anything and/or if everything was okay. And, you knew if it wasn't, they would do their best to fix it.

As you can surmise from this review, we had a great stay and will highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We opted for the one bedroom suite which was a very reasonable price. It was terrific. We were on...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family