“Service Above and Beyond”

Courtyard Huntsville University Drive
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed September 7, 2012

At first glance, this is your typical Marriott Courtyard - what you would expect, clean, well cared for, comfortable, nicely priced - the basics you'd expect from the Marriott folks. And then there is the staff. Holy cow (and I mean that in the nicest way)!! We could not believe the attention we received - we were treated like rock stars. Seriously, every need was met with a smile and immediate attention. Even when we didn't request or need something, the entire staff - from the manager to housekeeping always asked if we needed anything and/or if everything was okay. And, you knew if it wasn't, they would do their best to fix it.

As you can surmise from this review, we had a great stay and will highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We opted for the one bedroom suite which was a very reasonable price. It was terrific. We were on...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CASue_7

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have stayed at a number of Marriott Hotels globally over the years, and can honestly say this Huntsville location has the most warm and welcoming staff I have ever encountered. Everyone from the front desk personnel, to the housekeeping staff, to the personnel in the restaurant -- all give you the distinct honor of treating you as their most valued guest. When I gave this compliment at check out, I was assured that all guests are treated the same. Based upon the reviews, I can see that others agree. The hotel is a conveniently close driving distance to the Marshall Space Flight Center, various aerospace / defense business parks, historic downtown, and Huntsville's upscale mall with the nicest shops and restaurants. If I had to identify one criticism, I would say that the gym facility was a bit small and difficult to locate. There are a number of hotel options within the same area of Huntsville but I will choose this Marriott for all future stays.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, away from the elevators and lobby area.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have never stayed at a hotel before where every single employee was so friendly and helpful. The staff was excellent. My room was nice and the bed was super comfortable. I normally have trouble sleeping in general, but had no trouble while there.

Room Tip: I faced the courtyard and was on the 3rd floor. I can't complain about noise or anything.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I also had a ground floor room opening on the pool. That was nice, but I was on a business triop with no time for that. The room was big, but the mattress was tired. The room layout was such that there was no where to sit and watch the big screen TV. (Although this is not uncommon.) The room internet was down which was really iritating on a business trip. Breakfast is not included.

Room Tip: First floor by pool.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Maisha B, General Manager at Courtyard Huntsville University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your experience on your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott - Huntsville.

Your feedback is invaluable, as it assists us in improving our service and product standards. Please accept my sincere apologies for the frustration you experienced regarding the Internet Service. The hotel did experience an unexpected service interruption during the date of your stay for several hours due to a power surge in the Huntsville area. Unfortunately, we did require maintenance to the server. In addition, we have a scheduled replacement and upgrade to our Guestroom Mattresses later this year. Sir, the issues you encountered is certainly not in keeping with our high standards of excellence, I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in the Huntsville area.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I recently stayed at the Courtward Marriott Huntsville. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. Although I was part of a large convention with numerous delegates staying at the hotel, the staff never seemed overwelmed. Each staff member I encountered treated me as if I was the only guest at the hotel and as if making my stay enjoyable was their only concern. The recent renovations in the lobby were very well done, and the hotel was clean. The guest rooms have been updated but are still a little tired. As I was very impressed with the level of service, I didn't mind this.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2012

we went to 6 different hotels in the area checking rooms and once we saw this place we were sold.Our room was facing the pool on the bottom floor with patio doors in the room it made it easy to go for a swim.We also had a nice little table and chairs outside our door to sit and enjoy the evening. Staff was amazing.Bed was great and the pillows were a dream.for 90 bucks we got a great deal.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Maybe it was just normal southern hospitality that I wasn't used to, being from New York but the staff at this hotel just seemed to always have a smile and a polite attitude towards everyone who stayed here. As a Marriott Rewards Gold member, I got a suite with a bedroom and a living room with a foldout couch. The lobby has been given the Courtyard upgrade, and the breakfast was reasonable and served with that same smile. I can't remember her name, but one of the lobby workers always had a great smile for everyone, whether it was checking in or out or just delivering a breakfast sandwich.

Room Tip: If you're in Marriott Rewards, ask if they have a suite upgrade
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business