“Simply great!”

Courtyard Huntsville University Drive
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
“Simply great!”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have never stayed at a hotel before where every single employee was so friendly and helpful. The staff was excellent. My room was nice and the bed was super comfortable. I normally have trouble sleeping in general, but had no trouble while there.

Room Tip: I faced the courtyard and was on the 3rd floor. I can't complain about noise or anything.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I also had a ground floor room opening on the pool. That was nice, but I was on a business triop with no time for that. The room was big, but the mattress was tired. The room layout was such that there was no where to sit and watch the big screen TV. (Although this is not uncommon.) The room internet was down which was really iritating on a business trip. Breakfast is not included.

Room Tip: First floor by pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Maisha B, General Manager at Courtyard Huntsville University Drive, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your experience on your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott - Huntsville.

Your feedback is invaluable, as it assists us in improving our service and product standards. Please accept my sincere apologies for the frustration you experienced regarding the Internet Service. The hotel did experience an unexpected service interruption during the date of your stay for several hours due to a power surge in the Huntsville area. Unfortunately, we did require maintenance to the server. In addition, we have a scheduled replacement and upgrade to our Guestroom Mattresses later this year. Sir, the issues you encountered is certainly not in keeping with our high standards of excellence, I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in the Huntsville area.
Columbia, Tennessee
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I recently stayed at the Courtward Marriott Huntsville. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. Although I was part of a large convention with numerous delegates staying at the hotel, the staff never seemed overwelmed. Each staff member I encountered treated me as if I was the only guest at the hotel and as if making my stay enjoyable was their only concern. The recent renovations in the lobby were very well done, and the hotel was clean. The guest rooms have been updated but are still a little tired. As I was very impressed with the level of service, I didn't mind this.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed June 30, 2012

we went to 6 different hotels in the area checking rooms and once we saw this place we were sold.Our room was facing the pool on the bottom floor with patio doors in the room it made it easy to go for a swim.We also had a nice little table and chairs outside our door to sit and enjoy the evening. Staff was amazing.Bed was great and the pillows were a dream.for 90 bucks we got a great deal.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Northport, New York
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Maybe it was just normal southern hospitality that I wasn't used to, being from New York but the staff at this hotel just seemed to always have a smile and a polite attitude towards everyone who stayed here. As a Marriott Rewards Gold member, I got a suite with a bedroom and a living room with a foldout couch. The lobby has been given the Courtyard upgrade, and the breakfast was reasonable and served with that same smile. I can't remember her name, but one of the lobby workers always had a great smile for everyone, whether it was checking in or out or just delivering a breakfast sandwich.

Room Tip: If you're in Marriott Rewards, ask if they have a suite upgrade
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
NH
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed here to attend my brothers wedding a couple weeks back and I was absolutely surprised by how courteous and friendly the entire staff were. The rooms were average and very clean. I was just mostly surprised at the friendliness and welcoming attitude the entire staff had.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I'm currently staying here I've been pleased since I've arrived. The front desk clerk Priscilla was extremely helpful. She was friendly, efficient, and diligent. She made sure to call my room to make sure everything was ok. The rooms are spacious and clean, we even have a balcony. The courtyard area was beautiful! They have couches and tables available to sit at and lounge around. Overall, staff was friendly, clean rooms and affordable rates!

• Stayed May 2012