“Recent Stay”

Huntsville Hotel & Suites - Huntsville
Ranked #39 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed here so we could go to the space centre the following day. It was extremely late when we arrived but we were made to feel very welcome. Older style accommodation but the staff were really lovely and nothing was too much trouble. It was very clean and the beds were comfortable. I would recommend in a heartbeat and we will return next time we pass through. The breakfast was great too and even catered for our fussy eater master 5.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle G

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We chose this hotel because of its great price and good reviews. I have to say that the condition of the room was so bad that we did not even stay one hour. First off the light outside if the room was out and so it was pitch black and challenging to even find the room. The room itself smells of musty water and had dead roach parts on the wall where someone had smashed it. There wad not enough towels, missing toiletries, the toilet paper roll was 1/2 used, the main door on the inside was rotting away, the stove and fridge was dirty, and we found hair in the linen in the bed. Needless to say we left right away. Despite the condition of the room, the front desk employee (Joseph) was excellent and gave us great service. He was very apologetic and called his manager for us for an approval of a full refund. This employee was the best part of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank WHFlorida
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was amazed at the excellent place this was. You get a suite for a price you would normally pay for a Super 8 or Knights Inn. Go to their website and you be amazed on the price. When I pulled up to the place, I though I was in someones condo complex. The place was big, the internet connection was good and the place was clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank FCalvin
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Housekeeping was very poor.Trash was not emptied. We had to contact the front desk to get the room vacumed. We had to ask for items that are normaly provided. (ex. coffee, sugar, etc) The AC could not keep up with the heat. Maintainance told us that it was working properly. The air was barely blowing. We were provided a fan, and it was filthy. The showers were filthy. The coffee pot had a lid that was not made for the pot. the last day of our stay the pool was closed. I have no intention of staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sidneynaquin D
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My stay was June 2013, towels left in the room were soiled and stained, the desk staff had to replace them for me, The bed comforter was soiled and stains it looked like blood, The oven hood and stove were so dirty and filthy I would not use them. My stay was over three days and housekeeping did not clean the bath mirror, water stains splashed on the mirror were never cleaned. the carpet was soiled and I would not walk on it. Although I did not have a pet or any children I was told I had to pay a 50.00 security fee which was later rescended as a courtesy. The room had what smelt like rat urine and rat dropings in the closet housing the water heater.There was also ant or roach traps under the kitchen sink. The staff was very nice and there was a new toilet seat, My room was on the bottom floor and noise from the upper room was like elephants romping on the floor. I did not feel safe due to tall shrubs near door and insufficient security lighting, With extensive room updating and better housekeeping service I would stay again. My room was prepaid by a third party and I could not get my money back. I had stayed at this location on a non business trip, we stayed in the two story loft room and it is much better.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Travler D
Reviewed January 17, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank robert t
Reviewed September 30, 2012

After reading all the positive reviews on this site, I was expecting more, but I was really disappointed with my stay.

My suite was simply dirty. There was a something sticky on the handle and the keypad of the microwave. One of the kitchen knives had what looked like dried mustard crusted on the blade. One of the coffee cups had mold inside it. There was a dead bug in the cabinet with the cups. I asked the maid for an extra pillow; the pillow she brought had a case on it with a huge stain on it. I asked "is this clean?" and to be fair, she brought me a brand new pillow and a clean case for it.

The hotel's website states that it takes pets, but when I arrived, there was a big sign at the desk that stated no pets are allowed.

The shower temperature would not stay constant; I think the faucet was worn and kept drifting over. (It was old.) No matter where you set the temperature, you were taking a lukewarm (at best) shower.

On top of everything else, my husband actually saw a prostitute plying her trade in the parking lot. To be fair, the manager chased her and her "friend" away.

The reason I gave this a "poor" rating instead of "terrible" is because the staff is very friendly and helpful. The maid was a bit sour, but everyone else was very nice.

All I can say is caveat emptor.

Room Tip: Stay at the Candlewood.