“Quaint but outdated”

Ranked #39 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Nashville, Tennessee
“Quaint but outdated”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Got this property on a Hotwire deal, and was excited to have a suite while traveling with our baby. The room was very spacious and fully equipped with a kitchen, including stove and dishwasher and full-sized fridge. The layout was odd, so we moved furniture around to make it more comfortable. The room was clean, but really needed some updating. The couch cushions had some tears in them, the carpet and comforter were very old, and the kitchen looked like it came from the 70s.

The actual property has won the Huntsville beautification award multiple times, apparently. The landscaping was nice, and the rooms are arranged in cottage-style buildings with only 8 rooms to a building, so everything felt peaceful and quiet. Parking was plentiful, and room access was very easy.

The biggest upside to me was the people. We had great service from everyone we met. When we called with any needs (more towels, etc), they were quick to be at our front door, and when we came for breakfast or checked in/out, the staff was always very courteous and helpful. Breakfast, by the way, was good. Waffle station, fresh fruit, pastries, yogurt, etc.

Overall, for what we paid, it was a great value, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lovetotravel617

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
East Of Eden
Reviewed January 2, 2012

My wife and I had to go to Huntsville to deal with a family emergency. Found this place on Priceline for $56 a night. Queen bed, sofa-sleeper, fireplace, kitchen complete with dishes, utensils and cookware. I feared that the accomodations would reflect the price. They were so much better than I expected! The room was perfect, although a bit small when my daughter joined us the last night we were there. The staff was really friendly and helpful as well. Next trip to Huntsville, this is where we'll go.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 2dogsbarking
GHHuntsville, General Manager at Huntsville Hotel & Suites - Huntsville, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience during your recent stay with us. While we are able to pass along some fabulous savings through our Internet partners, our guests will continue to receive spacious, clean accommodations delivered by our friendly and courteous staff. We would like to thank you for allowing Guesthouse Suites of Huntsville to provide your accommodations and we look forward to your return visit in the future. Please feel free to contact me direct to assist with reservations when you are planning your return visit to Huntsville.
Lori Webster
New Lebanon, Ohio
Reviewed October 19, 2011

The good parts are the rooms are very large, they are the size of an apartment, which could be used as a temporary residence. It is also very reasonably priced, we paid about $80 for a night. Bad parts is maintenance in the room and on the grounds need to kept up, carpet was filthy dirty, dirty dishes in the dishwasher, and just cleaning up the grounds has been neglected. I have read a lot of praises for the employees, but I found them to be distant and unconcerned. They barely took the time to come let me in at check-in.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank JRBOhio
GHHuntsville, General Manager at Huntsville Hotel & Suites - Huntsville, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to The GuestHouse Suites – Huntsville. I have been unable to contact you by way of email, as your comments are of great concern to us and I wanted to have the opportunity to apologize personally that the service your received was anything less than excellent. Thank you again for taking your valuable time to let us know about your concerns. Lori Webster, General Manager
St. Louis
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Excellent service, very clean accommodations!! I was passing through Huntsville on my way to visit friends in Florida. The price, location and cleanliness was spot on. I ended up extending my stay an extra day to take in the sights since this hotel was so well located.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Marie C
Lake City, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I took my family to visit the Space and Rocket Center in Hunstville in Aug. 2011. I chose Guesthouse Suites Plus as our hotel. The property was centally located to shopping and restraunts, not to mention the Space and Rocket Center. The suite was equipped with a full kitchen, which was a plus for a family of 5 on vacation. The staff was 100% about customer satisfaction from the time we checked in until the time we checked out. I will definately recommend Guesthouse Suites Plus in Huntsville to anyone and everyone I know that is planning a trip to the Huntsville area. Kudos to the property management and staff for a job well done and for making our stay feel like home away from home.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank LISA E
Whitesville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 7, 2011

The Staff and Hotel were excellent, I want to give a special thanks to General Manager Lori Bouffard-Webster, also Brenda Williams and Sue Ruetz for being so kind and courteous during my 4 month stay at this Hotel. The rooms were clean and very spacious, the full kitchen was definetly a plus for my extended stay. I have recommended this hotel to all members of my unit, I am in the Military and was treated with the upmost respect by all here. I will definetly stay here again when I come back to the area. A special " Thank You to all at the Guesthouse Suites- Huntsville, Al." HOOYAH!!!

V/R
SW1(SCW) Jody M. Roberts
U.S. Navy- NMCB 24

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank rodeojodeo
Buenos Aires
Reviewed July 19, 2011

According to your request I feel the best opinion is to paste the comments I send before

I would like to let you know my sincere thanks, to you and whole hotel staff, for make me comfortable and all have done during my staying at Guesthouse.
I find a good service on my room, and friendly attention by hotel personnel I really appreciated.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo