“Not at all the level of quality from a typical HIEH”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville-University Drive
and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville-University Drive
Ranked #36 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed (1) night, and was very glad it wasn't more.

- Poor treatment of one staff by another staff member on check-in
- Barking dog on our floor
- HORRIBLE internet service- slow, erratic, and just all around bad.
- The single most annoying HVAC unit ever made. Unit cut on and off ALL NIGHT LONG. Would stay on for 60-90 seconds, shut off for 90-120 seconds, and turn back on. Sounded like a jet engine.

I didn't complain to the desk, because we were very tired and just needed to sleep. I am advising priceline as well- this is the quality of a Days Inn/Best Western with a Holiday Inn Express badge. This is NOT a 3.5 star hotel!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
hsvex, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville-University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear jmaddox112974,

Thank you for taking the time to write our property a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and we like to hear from our guests on how we are doing.

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and apologize for the inconvenience you were caused. We appreciate your bringing these items to our attention and we will be sure to address and rectify each one.

Again, my apologies. I do wish you would give us another opportunity to better serve you and we could prove to you our commitment to guest satisfaction.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

stayed there for business 1 night.
my room was 316. i asked for no smoking room. when i arrived at the room, the hallway smell of cigarettes was unbearable. went back to the main desk and the explanation was :" this is because you are close to the edge of the smoking section...it ends at room 315"!!!! i felt like i travelled back in time on one of those pan am smoking flight where you were sitting in the row right behind the smoking section...unbelievable!
this morning it was also really weird. in the breakfast room i couldn't find the garbage cans to clean up my plates. so i brought them to the main table to clean up my place.
the attendant came back, looked at me like i was crazy and told me to go and clean up my stuff in the garbage can (she just pointed where the can was...)
again i felt like i was time traveling and i was in preschool...
at least i felt younger... but i will not recommend this hotel to anybody!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
hsvex, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville-University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear flipclt,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am disappointed to hear of the problems you encountered and I apologize for the service you received and the inconvenience you were caused.

Our hotel staff strives to provide an atmosphere of friendly service and clean, comfortable accommodations. Unfortunately in your case we fell far short of our goal and I am sorry you did not experience the best we have to offer. I have shared your comments with our front desk and breakfast staff so that we can be sure another guest does not experience your disappointment.

We are constantly looking for ways to improve our service and we are grateful that you brought this matter to our attention. We hope to have the honor of serving you again and we can provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night as a platinum elite IHG member w/ this holiday inn express.the breakfast was ok,but not the best,but the breakfast staff was really sweet.the hotel was laid out different than normal but the room I got w/ my points was huge,which was great.i was impressed,& the bed was really comfortable.i was disappointed w/ what looked like blood on the roll of toilet paper in the bathroom,& found a bloody used qtip behind the bathroom door.that was disgusting of course.the rest of the room was clean,& I enjoyed my stay.i did call the front desk twice for assistance w/ the wifi password & they did not answer the phone,which was frustrating,because I know someone was at the front desk & it was late night when I called two different times & no answer.i would stay here again, but the front desk staff needs to learn how to answer the phone & the bathrooms need to be cleaned better.

• Stayed: October 2013
hsvex, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville-University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Nashvillecat83,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. As a IHG Rewards Platinum Elite member, we appreciate your loyalty and value your feedback.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and your Platinum upgrade to one of our spacious suites. I am sorry to hear that we did fall short in a couple of areas and I appreciate your bringing those to our attention. I do apologize for the inconvenience you were caused and we will be certain to address those issues with our staff.

We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We set off on a two week vacation without reservations of any kind. It was our goal to wing it, keep our costs down, but not forego quality. We found a coupon for HIE at a rest area and frankly I thoroughly expected that there would be some provision that I would unable to meet. Such was not the case. The terms of the coupon were met on both ends. And so we met our goal to keep the cost down without foregoing quality. The property is in excellent condition, but more importantly the staff there make it happen.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
hsvex, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville-University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear gblack7205,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We appreciate you taking time to review our hotel and appreciate your kind remarks, especially regarding our staff. I know they will be delighted to hear your accolades and I will be sure to share your comments with them.

We are glad to chose to stay with us and look forward to the pleasure of serving you on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is an average hotel that is a clean place to get a good nights rest and that's it. If you just want a basic place to stay that is clean and comfortable this is the place. If you want a nice place with lots of amenities this is not the place. I stayed one night and I had my dog which the hotel charged a $50 non-refundable fee on top of the hotel price. I thought this was a bit much for an average hotel that accepts dogs.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
hsvex, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville-University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear kin575,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is our goal to provide clean and comfortable rooms and we are glad to know that was your experience. As a team, however, we also want to provide a guest experience of value, service and friendliness that makes you feel glad you stayed with us. In this area we regret we fell short.

We do appreciate you staying with us and will use your comments for future improvement. We hope you would give another opportunity to serve you and we could show you our commitment to guest satisfaction.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

In town to visit University of Alabama - Huntsville (UAH). This was a great choice as location is 5-10 minutes away. We got a 2 room king suite and it was well worth the money. It was all new and extremely clean and nice. Each room (side) has it's own full bath/shower and TV, so the kids were on one side and my wife and I on our side. The staff was extremely pleasant and even called our room about 15 minutes after we went to it to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. The pool was great and the free breakfast was nice. My family was in the room before me and when I walked in they all thanked me for getting such a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
hsvex, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville-University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Paul S,

Thank you so much for your 5 star rating! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in one of our spacious suites. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff and amenities and thank you for taking time to write your review. Our team enjoys hearing from our satisfied guests and I will be sure to share your accolades with them.

We thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I am a Platnium Priority Club member with Holiday Inn. Needless to say, I travel frequently and stay at Holiday Inn Express most of the time. I do not do 'reviews' except when I find extremely good accomadations and service or extremely bad. This hotel falls into the latter catagory.
I have stayed here many, many times over the last 5 years and I don't know just exactly what has happened but I will not stay here again. In my last 3 stays, I have found that the bed has smelled so strongly of Afro-Sheen hair products that I was unable to rest throughout the night. At my last stay, I actually got out of bed, turned back the covers and sprayed the bed with air freshener in an attempt to lessen the stinch. My suspicions were vervified when I left the next morning at around 10 am....The housecleaning crew did not change the sheets at a single room on the entire floor that I stayed on. I watched as they only made up the bed without clean sheets and replaced the used towels.
I cannot reccommend this hotel to anyone except to 'Stay Away' if you value your cleaniliness.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
hsvex, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville-University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear David R,

I appreciate you taking time to review our hotel but I was disappointed to read your comments. I am sorry for the experience you have had at our hotel and apologize for the inconvenience you were caused. It is our practice that every check out room has fresh sheets. Our procedure has someone that pulls all the dirty linen, including stripping the bed, from our check out rooms and then someone else that cleans the room and makes the bed. We get many compliments on our cleanliness and I am sorry your experience has been different.

I am going to try to reach you privately to find out more. I hope we can restore your confidence in our hotel and continue to serve you.