“Great customer service!”

Ranked #37 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great customer service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We would have preferred the Embassy Suites but opted for a cheaper spot. The staff was warm and inviting, the rooms clean and cool. PERFECT!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank audrasena
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville-University Drive, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear Audrasena,
Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you chose to stay with us and appreciate your kind remarks. I am glad we were able to make your stay "perfect". Please come back to see us again soon.
Charles Guice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Elysian Fields, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

If you are, like me, a heavy duty Holiday Inn user, you will find this place different. It must have started life as a different brand motel because there is nothing about it that is typical. I would think this would be a pretty good place to stay if you had kids simply because of the court yard...they could run around and burn off some energy
The staff was super nice and helpfull...no issues there!
Rooms are on the smaller side as compared to modern H.I. and the lay out of the motel is unique to say the least but, well, it is interesting and kind of maze-like.
I liked the dining room...warm and large. Not like the modern ones.
If you are trying to impress family by putting them up here...maybe skip it but if a biz traveler try it. You might like the weirdness of it, lol

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Tim H
Dear Tim H,
Thank you for your comments and your praise of our hotel staff. We do have families and business travelers as well that like our courtyard area and our large swimming pool. I am glad you also enjoyed our breakfast area. It's a great place to unwind in the evening during our Manager's Reception and also large enough for families and groups for breakfast.
We thank you for staying at our unique hotel. Hopefully we will see you again soon.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

The property common areas and rooms have been updated but the hallways show some age; that being said I was very impressed with the cleaniness of this hotel. The front desk was very friendly and the breakfast hostess was amazingly efficient - no wait for any items during a full house. On property fitness center was small but the hotel does offer free access to a local health club (I did not get a chance to try). A clean room, a comfortable bed and very solid internet service make this a reliably good HIE.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
hsvex, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville-University Drive, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear JRC_9,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel. We appreciate your praise of our staff and facility. I will share your review with all the staff and make sure to recognize our breakfast hostess in particular. We will be certain to also address your observation concerning the hallways as we are always looking for ways we can improve.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again.
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

HaVe stayed a few nights with my Red Hat Society friends. Everything went so nice. The room was comfortable and so very clean and up todate.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side are quieter. Corner suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
hsvex, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville-University Drive, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear lucylocket9,
We are so pleased to hear about your stay at our hotel with your Red Hat Society friends. We appreciate you sharing your comments and are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again should you return to Huntsville..
Heflin AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

We only stayed here one night but it was a pleasant stay. It is an older hotel but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. Sholanda, (I hope I spelled her name correctly) was really professional and ready to assist us. We had a mix-up on our reservation...totally on our part, I should say and she said it was no problem, there were plenty of vacancies. We decided to ride down the road and try to get a little closer to our friends' home but we went back to see Sholanda and she took care of us. It is so nice to be greeted by someone who seems genuinely eager to please. The breakfast area was spotless and the bar was stocked well. We would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
hsvex, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville-University Drive, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your praise of Shalonda and I am glad she was able to make your stay a pleasant experience. We will be sure to recognize her for efforts and the breakfast staff as well.
We thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express for your accommodations and we look forward to serving you again.

TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

I thiink the best part about this property is the breakfast bar. It's open four hours in the morning until 10am for late sleepers, and they have a wonderful variety of foods to choose from. It's a wonderful complimentary breakfast bar. I have never had such a good experience with food at a hotel. The room was also nice and clean and pretty spacious. Overall, a nice stay. It's not as nice as some of the other Holiday Express' I have been to, but the upkeep and staff make it an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
hsvex, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville-University Drive, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you for taking time to fill out the review concerning your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our hotel and staff. We especially appreciate your glowing remarks concerning our breakfast bar. I will be sure to share your comments with all the staff and will congratulate the breakfast bar staff on a job well done.

We thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express. We hope to have the honor of serving you again.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

I really tried to give this hotel a chance. It was more like a motel Bc the buildings are separate from the lobby and you have to haul your luggage upstairs-they didn't tell me this at the front desk. On the first night the guest services attendant was very rude after i inquired about a new remote. He offered me another room at 11 pm at night, a total inconvience when he could have just offered to have the wait staff bring one up in the morning. The second day I went to dry my hair and the hair dryer attached to the wall was Greasy and had pubic hairs on it. The only good thing I have to say was the beds appeared clean and I slept well every night. The last night I discovered black bugs on the wl above my lamp. Bottom line is- this isn't the worst hotel but it's definitley not the best. I highly recommend sleep inn or comfort inn. Brand new and very clean. This place was mildewy and I doubt I will stay again.

• Stayed February 2012
hsvex, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville-University Drive, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay with us in Huntsville, AL. We appreciate you choosing Holiday Inn Express for your accommodations.

I am sorry that the service and accommodations you received were not up to the standards we strive to provide. I apologize for the problems you encountered and for the inconvenience you were cause. Your comments will be shared with our staff members so that we can address your concerns and we can take the necessary steps to correct the problems and prevent a future occurrence.

Again, our apologies. We hope we have the pleasure to better serve you in the future should you return to Huntsville.