“Great Stay”

Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park
Ranked #25 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed September 17, 2012

From the welcome at Check in , to the attention to detail of the amenities in the room the staff at this hotel was exceptional. The hotel granted is slightly aging,but it is still very well maintained. they are currently in the process of revamping. Gereat feature is the indoor/outdoor pool, kids would love it. the in house restaurant, served exceptional food. All together a great place to stay for either business or leisure.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 5th floor are excellent, they supply you a bathrobe, and snacks and drinks in the e...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MeksO
ResearchPark, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

MeksO:

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Research Park and for the kind comments regarding your stay. We will certainly share your observations with our team and hope that we may serve you again very soon.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn - Research Park over the Labor Day weekend. This hotel has a great location at University Dr & Research Park Blvd. The hotel itself is an older property but we noticed that they were in the process of remodeling. However, the property is very clean and very well maintained. The front desk staff and the housekeeping staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean, very quiet, and very comfortable. There is a restaurant on the property which I visited once for breakfast. I tried the breakfast buffet and found the food was very good, however it could have been a bit warmer for my taste. Overall, the food and service were both very good. The restaurant converts into a lounge at night, "Hoppers", which features a live band. The drinks were reasonably priced and the band was excellent. If you choose not to eat at the hotel, there are numerous restaurants in the immediate area. We very much enjoyed our stay here and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

BruceLSU:

Thank you for selecting Holiday Inn Research Park and for the wonderful comments regarding your stay. I will certainly share your words regarding the friendliness of our team, the cleanliness of your accommodations and the enjoyment of your time spent in Hopper's. Additionally, I will pass along your concerns regarding the buffet food temperature to our Food & Beverage Director. We hope when your travels bring you to Huntsville in the future that you allow us the opportunity to serve you once again.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park over the Labor Day weekend. The location is great since we planned to go to the Space Center. The room was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. We would stay there again.

We had planned to eat at the hotel restaurant after reading about it on the hotel site. However, it was closed so we didn't get to try it out. There are several good restaurants close by so it wasn't a huge problem but it would have been nice since the weather was dicey (tornado warnings, thunderstorms and high winds). Luckily, it was over by the time we went to dinner.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KayBees54946
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Old property but they are in the process of renovating. Great location... walking distance of shopping and restaurants. Front desk staff could be a little more outgoing such as making eye contact with the guests entering and exiting the building. Smiling never hurts anyone. I was there for three nights and received more interaction from the housekeeping staff than from the front desk staff. Beautiful pool and great bar.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

The a/c barely worked all week and even after notifying the front desk nothing was done. Other than that, not bad. As a priority club member I expected a few perks but membership really doesn't seem to matter for anything. The restaurant staff was great while the front desk was mediocre at best. If you like a nice breakfast buffet and being close to the mall this is a good fit. If you want a more upscale or modern room then I would suggest another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear FedTraveler32,

Thank you for being a Priority Club member and for leaving us a feedback regarding your stay. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read our restaurant staff was able to deliver the best guest experience during your stay. I am also pleased you found our location and breakfast options commendable. Please accept my sincere apology for the unusual condition of the air conditioning unit in your room. Your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here for a week for work. I arrived really early and I was able to check in right away. When I got to my room it was clean. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom showed a little wear, but I was very satisfied. The hotel is within walking distance to some restaurants, which is good when you don't have a car. The breakfast food was pretty good. Nothing special, but it was good. The pool was a good size and there were plenty of tables by the pool for people to sit by. The fitness room was extremely small, but I used my room to workout. I did hear a quest ask the front desk about a pass to the gym across the road, so if you want to workout, maybe ask the front desk about this. The bar shows some age, but the waitresses was very friendly. All of the staff at the hotel were very friendly to me as well. I would stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel. It's an older property that has been updated but is showing a bit of wear, nothing major, just not brand spanking new. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The A/C, refrigerator, microwave and TV worked just fine. The outdoor pool area is big enough to relax without feeling like you're crowding other people. The staff was friendly. My only complaint is that we could hear EVERYTHING that was going on in the bathroom of the room next to us. My son and I were going to eat dinner at the on-site restaurant about 8:30pm, but the DJ had already started in the adjoining bar and it was just too loud. So we walked across the parking lot to a steak house. The bar gets rather rowdy and loud. I would have liked a continental breakfast option. Bottom line, I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: The restaurant/bar is on the first floor and it can get rather loud when the DJ starts up.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear chris37205,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review of our property. We are delighted to read you liked your room accommodations and hope you had a pleasant stay as well. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I have taken note of your feedback, this will certainly be looked into.

Again, thank you for your time and for staying with us. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Connie D