“Average older hotel, not bad but could be better.”

Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park
Ranked #28 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
“Average older hotel, not bad but could be better.”
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

The a/c barely worked all week and even after notifying the front desk nothing was done. Other than that, not bad. As a priority club member I expected a few perks but membership really doesn't seem to matter for anything. The restaurant staff was great while the front desk was mediocre at best. If you like a nice breakfast buffet and being close to the mall this is a good fit. If you want a more upscale or modern room then I would suggest another hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear FedTraveler32,

Thank you for being a Priority Club member and for leaving us a feedback regarding your stay. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read our restaurant staff was able to deliver the best guest experience during your stay. I am also pleased you found our location and breakfast options commendable. Please accept my sincere apology for the unusual condition of the air conditioning unit in your room. Your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Joel B
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here for a week for work. I arrived really early and I was able to check in right away. When I got to my room it was clean. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom showed a little wear, but I was very satisfied. The hotel is within walking distance to some restaurants, which is good when you don't have a car. The breakfast food was pretty good. Nothing special, but it was good. The pool was a good size and there were plenty of tables by the pool for people to sit by. The fitness room was extremely small, but I used my room to workout. I did hear a quest ask the front desk about a pass to the gym across the road, so if you want to workout, maybe ask the front desk about this. The bar shows some age, but the waitresses was very friendly. All of the staff at the hotel were very friendly to me as well. I would stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel. It's an older property that has been updated but is showing a bit of wear, nothing major, just not brand spanking new. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The A/C, refrigerator, microwave and TV worked just fine. The outdoor pool area is big enough to relax without feeling like you're crowding other people. The staff was friendly. My only complaint is that we could hear EVERYTHING that was going on in the bathroom of the room next to us. My son and I were going to eat dinner at the on-site restaurant about 8:30pm, but the DJ had already started in the adjoining bar and it was just too loud. So we walked across the parking lot to a steak house. The bar gets rather rowdy and loud. I would have liked a continental breakfast option. Bottom line, I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: The restaurant/bar is on the first floor and it can get rather loud when the DJ starts up.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear chris37205,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review of our property. We are delighted to read you liked your room accommodations and hope you had a pleasant stay as well. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I have taken note of your feedback, this will certainly be looked into.

Again, thank you for your time and for staying with us. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Connie D
pulaski
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I don’t think I can brag enough about this hotel! My husbands grandfather was having surgery at the nearby hospital and the manager gave us a really great deal on the very few open hotel rooms. She also included free breakfast buffet our whole stay, which ended up being 5 days. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean. They had new flat screen t.v.’s, a fridge, and a microwave. This hotel is very accommodating. My husband needed a fax sent to him, and the staff at the desk were very happy to help out. Anytime in the future I come to Huntsville, this is where I will stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the manager Colleen. She is very helpful!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in the Hotel. Stayed on the executive floor which is suppose to have continental breakfast and cocktails in the evening. To my suprise this does not apply to weekend stays. This caveat was no where to be found in the online booking. In addition the Hotel is in need of a major renovation. Many of the people we spoke to complained of poor functioning air conditioner units. On our 2nd night the air condtioning unit in our room had to be removed and replaced. The employee was very polite and efficient which is about the only positive I have for my stay. There are a lot of other options in the area I probably would not go back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Dear uh17te,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Reviewed March 23, 2012 via mobile

First time to stay here. I was not impressed by the room. It is an older hotel. The staff was friendly. I had an over night stay to catch a 6am flight. 3:30 in the morning I'm walking on a wet floor by the refrigerator. Had to put towels down. I informed the front desk, he just said sorry and didn't offer any compensation or lowering of room rate. Won't be staying here in the future.

Stayed March 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear Abel02,

Thank you for leaving a review. I am deeply sorry for the problem you encountered with the water on the floor. I am glad to hear you reported this to the Front Desk so they can have the problem fixed. This will ensure it will not happen to another guest. Thank you again.

Katie J
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed January 7, 2012

This was my family's third time staying at this hotel, and we had a great time! The hotel is located across the parking lot from Madison Square Mall, and there's a Lone Star, Buffalo Wild Wings and Steak n' Shake very close, so you can just walk to shops and dining. The hotel is exceptionally clean, although a little outdated with carpet and peeling paint. Our room came with a microwave and fridge, as it did twice before, so I wonder if they're standard for all of the rooms. Although we didn't stay in one this time, the hotel's Executive Suite is really roomy and has a kitchen area (no stove, just counter space, a sink, microwave and fridge with free popcorn!)

No real complaints about the rooms/cleanliness; room service was on top of it all. The pool area is wonderful and clean--there is an indoor pool with a through-the-building entrance to the outdoor pool. You can swim between both pools without having to get out of the water, which I thought was pretty cool. Had breakfast at the hotel restaurant, which was a bit overrated for the price (found better food outside the hotel for cheaper).

The hotel had offered free drinks and light evening fare in the 5th floor lounge, but as of September 2011, the service had been discontinued. Too bad, because it was a nice way to do a small happy hour and snack before dinner.

Overall, this is a great place to stay, and it's in a decent location, with easy access to major chain stores and other restaurants on US 72 and relatively close access to the outdoor mall (Bridge Street) and I-565. Highly recommended hotel and location!

Room Tip: If you have kids, pay a little extra and get an Executive Suite so you can have more space.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family