“Hidden Suprises...”

Americas Best Value Inn- Huntsville
Ranked #48 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I live in Huntsville. When our apartment flooded after the 4th of July we had to stay in a motel for a few days and chose to stay here one of the nights. We were exhausted and dirty when we checked in at 2am. This is not in the best area of Huntsville, as it is on Memorial Parkway. As we got out of our car with our 1 year old son, we sprinted upstairs to our room because here was an angry young man beating on the door of a ground floor room, shouting obscenities and yelling threats. The pool was closed. There were people getting in and out of cars all night and doing 'donuts' in the parking lot. The room itself was a basic room, with a really big bed. Me and my husband are not picky and will stay in motels that are a little run down so we were not that disappointed The toilet was cracked and didn't flush good. The TV was static, but sitting in the recliner across the room the static was not so bad! In the morning, when my husband and I were trying to look for a phone book, he found a package of Magnum Trojan condoms in one of the bedside dresser drawers!!! We quickly checked out and spent the rest of the weekend in Tennessee at Economy Inn in Winchester which was great.

Room Tip: Get 2nd floor room. It can be noisy at night, especially on the weekend. Also less chance of getting...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Carla P

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a basic ABV with only coffee in the lobby as the cont. bkfst, hard beds, decent cable, hi-speed free wifi- listen, it ain't the Ritz, but for $42 in Huntsville, I wasn't expecting much. Very pleasant front desk employee-Don- made the check-in process smooth and friendly. Didn't experience any vagrants, bedbugs, etc. A decent place to rest one's head and an OK low-budget experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Kishan P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

We here at Americas Best Value Inn Huntsville strive to make each stay as pleasant as possible. We are in the process of upgrading beds and bedding and hope you will visit us again to enjoy the new beds. We're glad you received the excellent customer service from Don that we make every effort to achieve with each and every customer.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed at this motel in the middle of july 2012. There was people hanging out in front of the office drinking beer. The lobby was far from warm and inviting. It had an old musty smell to it. I noticed that there was a pool, but went to go and look at it and seen that there was no water in it.

The office staff could not tell me all of the ammenities that was offered in the room. Since I gave them my credit card, I had no choice to stay. As the check in process went on, I got my key and that is where it went down hill.

The room was old, dirty, the sheets looked like they came from a hospital. As I pulled the blankets back, and crawled in to bed. I went to go turn on the air conditioner and it was so loud that I could not sleep.

Finally, when I did get to sleep, some one banging and pounding on my door. A drunk man at my door at 3 am wanting to know if there was anything I needed. Then After him I seen a strange woman going in and out of multiple rooms.

When I got up, and was getting dressed, I noticed bit marks all over, looked in the bed and it was infested with bed bugs.
I will never stay at this motel ever again and I don't think you should either.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Marcie D
abvihuntsville, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Dear traveler, We are sorry about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay here. We have made some improvements to the property since you were here; however, we cannot patrol the property 24 hours a day and unfortunately those things do happen when people walk off the street and start bothering people. We do apologize. Please give us another try if you are ever in the area again.
Report response as inappropriate Thank you. We appreciate your input.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative

Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed at America's Best Value Inn on a family vacation to Huntsville and were extremely disappointed. The hotel is old, dirty, and in a bad part of town (did you see the 'Bed Intruder' viral video? That happened about a half mile away). We were woken up by someone banging on our door at 4am one morning---a drunk man looking for his girlfriend. The continental breakfast was sparse and included only packaged muffins and coffee. The staff were friendly enough, which is the only good thing that the hotel has going for it. Would not recommend or stay at again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank mrzmeg
abvihuntsville, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn- Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2011

Dear Traveler,