“Dated and a bit noisy”

Ranked #46 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our room faced the pool just down from the office (room 123). We slept great, beds were very hard which I prefer. There was some yelling outside with exciting Tarantino-esque language which was interesting one night. Who knows what that was all about. A/C was strong and drowned out a lot of noise when it ran, but it turns completely off when the desired temp is reached, which means you get to hear everything going on outside. The breakfast was your basic do-it-yourself waffle iron, Cheerios, milk, bad coffee, banana fest. Nothing great, but there's something for everyone. Dining room was pleasant. I had need to use a fax machine and the front desk was very helpful with that--no charge either!

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms facing the pool unless you like real-life yelling matches at 3am.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stay on this hotel for first time. I was expecting minimun accomodation for the money. What a surpise!! Great room, incredible soft bed, quiet place and great free breakfast. From housekeepers to front desk employees, everyone was courteous and friendly. We were there 10 days. Definitely the place to stay if you are in Huntsville and want a bang for your buck.

Room Tip: Stay on second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The front desk clerk Pat was very nice, she called to inform us that our King Suite was upstairs and noticed when I booked the reservation that I had trouble walking but was not told at that time there was no elevator available but the room sounded perfect for 3 grown adults. Come to find out the King Suites are located on the second floor and I would have to walk up a full flight of stairs to get there, that was impossible for me to do. When the desk clerk Pat called she informed me of this and put us in a double bed room down stairs and stuck a cot in the room for the 3rd grown person. The room was so small we had to walk over the beds to get around.
I asked for adjoining rooms but was told they did not have any of those just 2 seperate rooms and they would charge us for just that.
The room we stayed in was never cleaned from the time we got there on Friday 6/14/13 till we checked out on Monday 6/17/13. We had to go to the front desk for towels, toilet paper and tissues.On Saturday when we were going out the door we spoke with the housekeeper in the room next to us and told her the room was ready to be cleaned we were going out for the day and she told us "That's not my room", when we got back that evening the room had not been touched. We took out the trash, went to the office for clean everything and asked to have the room cleaned the next day (Sunday), guess what that did not happen the next day either. We even went to the front desk to get a new shower curtain because of the mold on the one in our room. We also requested to have the toilet seat fixed, it was missing one of the bolts on the back that held the seat in place, so the seat would just swing from side to side.We took several pictures of this dirty room at the time we checked in to prove that we were not making up this story.
Now the worse part we were entered in the cat show that weekend and found the room had "FLEAS" it was not only us but the others staying at the hotel for the cat show had the same problem so on Saturday pm we had to go to Petco and buy a treatment for fleas for the cats, there was another unexpected expense of $50.00. We could not chance bringing any fleas home with us.
We did find time to go to the pool on late Sunday afternoon and what a disappointment that was....cloudy smelly water.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Huntsville, especially when we located another LQ a mile or so down the road from this one on Monday when we were leaving.

Room Tip: If the hotel allows it check out the room before you commit to it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Reviewed June 1, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed for two nights in a king bed room. We were concerned because we would be getting in late so we called to let them know we were coming. "Amber" was awesome and assured us we would have a room waiting for us. Check in was quick and awesome. We were told what time breakfast was available and told where our room was and were even told we would have a parking space available in front of our room. We pulled around to our room and sure enough, there was a space directly in front of our room waiting for us (those of you who have arrived late at a hotel know how far you usually have to park from your room.) As we were unloading we saw what appeared to be a security person making rounds to make sure everything was okay around the property. The room was fabulous! It looked and smelled clean. The bathroom was very nice. We had soft towels and the shower head was wonderful. The bed was phenominal! The pillow top mattress was just awesome for my back. The flat screen TV had a wonderful picture. There were even three "themes" you could put the TV on that provided peaceful sounds (babbling brook, ocean waves, or spring day sounds) in addition to regular TV channels. I was a little disappointed to find only 30some channels but thats okay since we really enjoyed the themes on the TV so much. The internet connection was wonderful. I got the wake up call I requested right on time. I left the Do Not Disturb sign on my door when I left saturday morning since I knew we didn't need housekeeping and would be back saturday night. When I returned I found a nice little card saying that to honor my Do Not Disturb request, housekeeping had not visited and that when I returned, I could get fresh towels and any other needs at the front desk. When I picked up my towels I asked them where a good place to eat was, especially a good chinese buffet. I was directed to 88 Buffet which was about 3 miles away. I was told it was the place to go to around here and that people drove from miles around. So we gave it a try and were really glad we did! It was WONDERFUL! If I had to pick out something I didn't like, it would be that it was a little noisy at night around the hotel (it IS a college town.) The toilet was also a little annoying to flush (you had to hold down the handle to make it flush.) But overall, it was a wonderful stay. It was our second stay with a LaQuinta. However, after our first stay we were so impressed, we joined their rewards program. This was our first stay with them after becoming a rewards member. The first plus to being a member was with express check in. All I was required to do was show ID. It was great after a long trip and being exhausted. With this being our second stay with a LaQuinta, we are definitely happy and will continue to stay with a LaQuinta where available.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Peoria, Illinois, USA
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Called in for reservation and "Pat" was great. She was at the desk when we arrived and she signed us in very quickly. Please tell her "Sue" said HELLO. The location was easy to find because I was told exactly how to get there... Room was quiet.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple