“Plesantly suprised”

Ranked #46 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
A TripAdvisor Member
Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Reviewed February 18, 2013

After reading the rateings I was some what concerned about what I might find, Having worked at a hotel I knew that good reviews are not always posted and bad one usually are. Our experiance was very satisfactory and I recommend this hotel/inn. If you have any concerns talk to Pat and she will work to try and make things right and your stay a plesant one.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Days Inn & Suites Huntsville

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this place as we were thinking of moving to the area...we had a coupon that sounded like we were getting a good deal, so we booked a room. The first night (our first room), the room pretty clean, not perfect...but the tub was clogged and would not drain. Also, there was some guy always standing outside of his room drinking a beer, a few doors down from ours and he was always checking me out. I would not go out of the room without my husband being with me. We decided to give it one more shot and stay a second night, but requested a different room. The second room was worse than the first, not very clean at all and....the room had a nasty odor...smelled like marijuana!!!
The only good thing we can say about the motel is that the beds were comfortable and the staff was pretty friendly. But, we also experienced a problem with the staff....we checked in for one night with a coupon and was told by the clerk at the desk that if we wanted to stay a second night, we would still get the coupon rate, just to let them know the next morning. The next morning when we went to book another night, that clerk said that we would need another coupon and that the first clerk told us wrong. Needless to say, we are looking for another place to stay for the rest of our nights in this town.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JCPTOL
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I would not stay at this hotel if my stay was free. It is very dirty with body hair on the floor, toilet and tub. The sink, toilet and tub were filthy. The floors were dirty. There was even trash behind the night stand along with a thick layer of dirt.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pamela J
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here on September 22 -- in two rooms. One was for grandparents. The other for mom, dad and 2 children. Everything was clean and comfortable. There was plenty of space for everyone. We would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: A bit further back from the main road is quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cynthia D
Reviewed November 23, 2012

First of all this place is so ghetto I'm literally scared for my life. There is a drive thru condom store across the street and the projects are a block away. The room is disgusting! Nasty moist carpet, pines in the bathroom and shower, holes in the walls, it reeks of cigarettes. This is the worst place I've ever laid eyes on not to mention I'm itching and there was a report of bed bugs on 2010. I don't even want my kids to touch anything. Why am I staying the night? Oh maybe because I don't want to interior the crack deal going on outside my door or witness any rapes or murders. Stay here if you enjoy filthy living conditions prostitutes, and lots of anxiety.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Amyhateslaquinta
Reviewed September 14, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank R1661MZroberts
A TripAdvisor Member
Houma, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The staff was friendly and accomodative. The rooms were very clean. The beds were confortable. The complimentary breakfast was great as well. If I were to venture back to Huntsville, there would be no doubt that I would stay here again. Note!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family