“Nastiest place I have stayed.”

Ranked #47 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
New Iberia, Louisiana, United States
“Nastiest place I have stayed.”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I would not stay at this hotel if my stay was free. It is very dirty with body hair on the floor, toilet and tub. The sink, toilet and tub were filthy. The floors were dirty. There was even trash behind the night stand along with a thick layer of dirt.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Pamela J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here on September 22 -- in two rooms. One was for grandparents. The other for mom, dad and 2 children. Everything was clean and comfortable. There was plenty of space for everyone. We would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: A bit further back from the main road is quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cynthia D
Reviewed November 23, 2012

First of all this place is so ghetto I'm literally scared for my life. There is a drive thru condom store across the street and the projects are a block away. The room is disgusting! Nasty moist carpet, pines in the bathroom and shower, holes in the walls, it reeks of cigarettes. This is the worst place I've ever laid eyes on not to mention I'm itching and there was a report of bed bugs on 2010. I don't even want my kids to touch anything. Why am I staying the night? Oh maybe because I don't want to interior the crack deal going on outside my door or witness any rapes or murders. Stay here if you enjoy filthy living conditions prostitutes, and lots of anxiety.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Amyhateslaquinta
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The staff was friendly and accomodative. The rooms were very clean. The beds were confortable. The complimentary breakfast was great as well. If I were to venture back to Huntsville, there would be no doubt that I would stay here again. Note!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Booneville
Reviewed August 22, 2012

When we first arrived at the hotel, we were able to get checked in very easily and fast. The first room that we went to looked like it hadn't been cleaned yet. So, I called the front desk and they immediately switched us to a clean room. Our room was just a basic one; two standard beds, small bathroom, tv, table and a couple chairs. The staff was very nice and helpful! The only downside of the hotel was the location, it didn't feel like that safe of a place in town. We decided not to leave the hotel at night and just had dinner delivered. Overall, it was a nice, small hotel with a great staff and close to several attractions in Huntsville.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Whitney Z
Montgomery AL
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We have usually been pleased with the "La Quinta Inn & Suites" but didn't realize that if it was just "La Quinta Inn" that it would be an old-style outdoor entrance motel. Since we prefer the inside hallway type of entrances for security reasons, we were disappointed in that aspect. Then the area of town and the clientele made us feel even more uncomfortable at this La Quinta site.

But--the room was newly decorated and very nice, a large refrigerator and good microwave, strong wireless internet signal, very comfortable bed and tub. The price was really great too! Breakfast not so much.

Room Tip: I think a room facing the courtyard would have felt a little safer.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business