“Really?????”

Ranked #45 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Mobile, Alabama
“Really?????”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed here during orientation for Alabama A&M. Very convenient to the school, however, when we walked into the room, there were all kinds of stains on the carpet, there was hair all over the shower walls. The bathroom door looked like someone kept their dog in there and it tried to claw it's way out, the pool was very nasty. People have been writing their names in the "sludge" that has accumulated around the tile of the pool, but the killer of all was the ROACHES! Really???? This place should really think about lowering their rates!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stopped here overnight on our way to Gulf Shores. Our immediate impression was that it was a very very clean unit because you could even smell the bleach when you walked in. While in the pool, we noticed multiple individuals staked out sizing up everyone's vehicles, all on their cell phones probably matching faces to cars. They came over the intercom and said there was suspicious behavior and to be on the lookout. I did NOT feel safe and I didn't feel comfortable even walking outside my door alone. Just down the street at the Mini-Mart we witnessed four, count them FOUR drug deals in a matter of 10 minutes. I had 911 dialed the entire time, I was afraid we were going to be shot! And to make matters worse, their pool has so much chlorine in it that it turned my hair GREEN. HOWEVER- I would like to state that it was NOT THE EMPLOYMENT OR THE MOTEL ITSELF THAT MADE THIS A BAD EXPERIENCE- just the area.

This would've been a GREAT place to stay had it not been for the area. If you stay here, stay inside. It seems as though the carpet has been recently replaced, which is a plus. The staff was very friendly and for people like us who were just stopping in overnight, it's a great deal.

Room Tip: Stay on the lower level so you can get to your car quickly if you need to, especially if you're...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Huntsville hotels

Wendell, North Carolina
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I have traveled extensively throughout the US and Europe over the last 25 years. I have never been in a motel that was this dirty. The carpets were the main problem and you absolutely did not want to take your shoes off. There was stuff spilt all over the carpet and candy was stuck to it under the bed. There were a lot of us staying at this motel and our main conversation among all of us was how horrible this place was. Generally LaQuinta's are great to stay at so please don't think all of them are like this.

Scottie C.

Room Tip: Just do not stay at this motel. There are 2 other LaQuintas in the immediate area.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Mt. Washington, Ky
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I liked this hotel over all, staff was great, friendly, breakfast was good, could have used a meat products like some bacon, but not a deal breaker to stay here.
I wasn't happy with the carpets in my room, Honestly they needed a good cleanning a deep cleaning by a professional company.
Oh, they need to burn all those bedspreads!.....LOL......time to move up to 2012 guys...plus it's easier for the staff to keep clean...
I would tell freinds and family to stay here, overall good place to grab some sleep on your way through...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Hollywood, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2012

This was the worst inn I have ever been to. When we arrived the rooms were not ready.... Let me add there was 35 of us. When they finally were as you walked in there was a distinct aroma of urine and mold, I’m guessing from the carpet, I wouldn’t dare take off my shoes. The bathroom was dirty there was pubic hair left on the toilet, the lamps did not work, neither did the phone, there were wires hanging out of the wall etc. Another room there was rib bones left in the bathroom, luckily they were animal and not human, but I wouldn’t be surprised.... There was weed smoke, cigar smoke and any other kind of smoke that you can think of in most of the rooms. Just a bad stay all together. I wouldn’t recommend my enemy to stay here.
The staff was ok for the most part tho

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family